Appreciation for Opeth

Nov 8, 2006
virginia
Hello, I don't know why I am opening a thread for this, but its been far too long since I have had anything to do with Opeth.

I just got out of boot camp and 3 months is one hell of a long time not to be able to listen to my favorite band. I was having mad withdrawls... I dont wanna sound gay saying that, but I seriously missed the music, and just wanted to let it be known that Opeth really is the fucking best band ever.

On a side note, my coach on the rifle range had some blackwater park on his phone, and played that shit while I was putting rounds down range. I think thats fucking bad as hell to shoot guns and listen to opeth at the same time.

Anyways, keep rocking Mike, and I am going to pick up the DVD today since I have been gone so long. Looking forward to the new CD.

Semper Fi bitches

I hope by DVD that you mean Lamentations because the Roundhouse DVD isn't out for another seven months.
Was boot camp fun, at least? I'm sure you've had some awesome experiences there!

GUNS!!!! cool!!!!! METALL!!!! cool!!!!!

americans ...
anyway, welcome back to normal life. still don't get why all americans love army stuff so much ... but perhaps we in Europe have learned our lessons when it comes to war, and that there is nothing cool about it. maybe it's about time a war is waged in your country, perhaps then you'll learn.

oh well, flame me now, brainwashed fuck ups.

Holy FUCK, I hate generalizations like "Why do Americans like guns and army stuff." Seriously, get the fuck off your high horse and stop acting like Europe has no problems. America has its issues, just like (HERE'S THE REAL SHOCKER) every other country on Earth. Whoa! I hope you acquire some sense sometime soon in your life.

Holy FUCK, I hate generalizations like "Why do Americans like guns and army stuff." Seriously, get the fuck off your high horse and stop acting like Europe has no problems. America has its issues, just like (HERE'S THE REAL SHOCKER) every other country on Earth. Whoa! I hope you acquire some sense sometime soon in your life.

thank you for enlightening me ;) but you should start looking into what problems European countries have, and what problems the US has ... not comparable in the slightest bit. but I'm not defending Europe, plenty of stupid people out here, but at least we don't give 'em guns and military training and don't teach 'em that "war is cool".

Gun's dont kill people. Stupid people with Gun's kill people.

Opeth good. Gun's are bad mmm k.

haha, how stereotypical.

Well America is a nation of Europeans, et al, so you can just blame your own cultures for meeting in one place and not knowing how to get along. Thanks a lot, world.

but at least we don't give 'em guns and military training

Ummm, a lot (if not most) of European countries have some kind of service - which is usually military - that is obligatory. So, in fact, you kind of do give 'em guns - especially compared to the US where enlistment is voluntary.