ARCH ENEMY

At the end there is a panning shot that shows a Randall, engl and something else. Can anyone make it out?

Randall, I assume it's the custom, ENGL Savage 120, and 5150.

Mike said in a previous report that they used three different heads from three different manufacturers for the tone, and also used 2 very differently voiced cabinets. Judging by what's available at studio Fredman, I'd say they used a 1960a and an ENGL w/V30's.

Interesting. Sounds like they've done something a little different on this album (based on the riffs).

Let it go on record that Angela looks the sexiest when wearing a Death t-shirt, even more so than if she wasn't wearing anything. What a fucknig turn on!!

anyone know of any live albums that are actually all live? no over dubs. just the recording of the show mixed.
Blind Guardian live album sounds pretty live to me .
Heading off topic, i know but i'm intrigued.

anyone know of any live albums that are actually all live? no over dubs. just the recording of the show mixed.

BG, Lamb of God, Dream Theater, In Flames, Evergrey, I believe the Opeth was, NIN's Beside You In Time, SYL's For Those Aboot To Rock, Sentenced's Buried Alive, etc.

yep....they're called bootlegs :D

There's loads of "desk" recordings out there straight off the board.

See, call me crazy but if i was making a live album, i'd want my fuckups to be in there.

If i was gonna make a perfect album, i'd go to the studio.

I agree....I like my live albums warts'n'all. I can understanding reamping a DI signal or using triggers as what is dialed in at the FOH to compensate for the room is usally not what you'd want as a recorded tone, but as soon as you start aligning tracks and fixing small mistakes, you're removing the human element. A few bum notes here and there aren't going to hurt anyone so long as the energy is there.

I find it funny that the highest selling live album ever (I think it's still the highest selling) "Peter Frampton Comes Alive" was tracked completely in the studio and the audience noise was recorded from a Grank Funk Railroad concert. Nice to see the music industry was just as shamless in the 70s :D

If you guys like a really fucked-up sounding live DVD, just get the latest from Children of Bodom. Horrible guitar tone, sloppy drunken playing, and overall poor production values. Very accurate representation of them on this tour, Janne and Roope are the only guys keeping it all together.

Makes me sad because I love that band. They (especially Alexi) need to slow down on the partying and realize they're supposed to be putting on a good show, to fans who paid good money to see them rule!

Back to Arch Enemy - I'm sure they sounded almost perfect without the studio fixes - but I certainly don't mind the clinical perfection of the live DVD. It's one of my most frequently watched DVDs!