swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
Arghoslent – Hornets of the Pogrom
Drakkar Productions – 3 March 2008
By Brandon Peters

159780.jpg

Arghoslent finally puts out an album after the immense album of Incorrigible Bigotry. Arghoslent plays a heavy metal version of death metal, which is completely riff-tastic. They happened to lose their previous vocalist, whose vocal melodies were always just spot on. The losing of the vocalist and trying to live up to the hype of Incorrigible Bigotry was a huge task for Arghoslent, but they came through in a big way!

The album is just filled with heavy metal riffs and absolutely brilliant song writing. The lyrics in this album are the usual type, which I don’t pay attention to mainly because of their ideology. What makes this album so great is the riffing. How can a band come up with such great riffs all the time, then go about putting them together where every song flows perfectly? When you listen to an Arghoslent song, you cannot help but headbang. The riffs, the solos, the vocal melodies, everything are put together so incredible that it’s almost impossible not to headbang. One new part to Hornets of the Pogrom, which varies from Incorrigible Bigotry and Galloping Through the Battle Ruins, is the drumming. They use the old school version of blasting, which is like a fast thrash beat; this is timed perfectly and put brilliantly into the mix. Now onto the vocals, how does the new guy compare? Well, he takes a different approach, which is more gaseous and droning compared to the last guy; however, I find this a great addition, and his vocal melodies are spot on. While I can’t help but wonder how the old guy would have sounded, I am content with the way it sounds now.

This album is full of catchy heavy metal riffs, superb song writing, great vocals, and spot on drumming. This is death metal that is just plain awesome.

On a side note, the title track is one of the best death metal songs I’ve heard in a long time. It’s a brilliant piece of riffing, solos, and song writing. I think it’s probably the best Arghoslent song!

The Official Arghoslent Website
The Official Drakkar Productions Website

"Nazi" seems to be going too far, but they sure seem to have a racial supremacy touch, if I interpret them correctly. That would put me in an uncomfortable spot, because the music is absolutely fantastic.

How cult are these guys? Their Myspace page has 1 fan..."Tom"!:lol: