ASK MATT

I don't know if speculating the future of the band in here is the best idea, not that I imagine Matt minds... but as he says they've got a few shows with Ol left to go (I wouldn't mind catching one of these by the way, where are they?!), then after that we'll see what Matt, Ben and Joel decide to do...

I will say one thing though, while Ol was the main writer and for a lot of people the main attraction, remember Evile is a band who's no stranger to adversity. They've overcome it before and will no doubt do it again if their hearts are still in it.

Bit late.
what would be your ideal evile setlist?

Five Serpent's Teeth
Cult
Skull
In Memoriam
Killer From the Deep
The Naked Sun
Head of the Demon
My Parasite
Tomb
Words of the Dead
Prophecy (Worth a shot)
Long Live New Flesh

Encore: Thrasher

It seriously sucks that I won't be able to see any of the shows with Ol, and I'm sorry things didn't work out. It's too taboo to think about an Ol-less Evile, a big black area for me. But I guess there's always the big-balled, Goliath albums you guys have made to reflect upon, and I have faith that you guys will prosper and adapt to the circumstances.

I guess you guys will go under...
I have a good name: Eviler.

... An Evileution. :Spin:

Oh, I also have some questions:

Matt, have there ever been any tracks that you look back on and think, "I probably could've done this part better," or "That part could've used some expanding or better exploration..." or maybe, "These vocals just weren't fierce enough..."?

Also, ever thought of having a mascot or a symbol to represent the band?

Metallifan:

Every single song i look back at and think we could have done better or put more time into. Except thrasher, that one is great as it is. Also eternal empire i wouldn't change, that's pretty strong. except the demonic vocal effects at the beginning, i never liked them but i was outvoted so thats the way it is.

No mascot. I've considered a symbol, we were thinking about using the 'I' in evile as a symbol in some way but never put any real thought into it.

I've never really thought a mascot or a symbol would really work for Evile. Those kind of things usually just create themselves really, through album art, logos etc.

The only imagery I associate with Evile is the colour red. Probably just because when I got into the band everything was red! :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt, what do you put on your chips? ...if you have chips

And where did your VAGINA shirt come from / was there some kind of in joke connected to it?

We_Are_Not_Alone_by_harajukumatt.jpg

Podgie: on my chips i have recently been using reggae reggae ketchup.

The vagina shirt, in hindsight, was a really bad idea i shouldn't have gone through with, it had no relevance to anything at all because i just thought it would be funny. i probably should have practised more instead of thinking about what stupid word to put on a shirt haha.

:lol: ... yeah, maybe! It was mildly amusing though. I remember heckling you during a show at Rock City by shouting "VAGINA!" at every opportunity... until you told me to pack it in if I remember correctly haha

:lol:

Strangely enough, I had a dream about seeing Evile last night. It was in like, a high school cafeteria. :lol: But it was also looked like half my job. Which was really weird. Dreams are just weird in general.