Band with the most annoying fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metallica fans for sure. Most are stubborn fucking rednecks who's idea of REAL metal bands are Godsmack and Disturbed. Also they refuse to believe Load was a sellout album.

Dave Matthews. It's like...take off the torn Abercrombie cargo shorts and hemp necklace already...you're 29 years old.

Anything Ska or anything on Warped Tour.

When i opened this i was half expecting to see slipknot and trivium over and over again.

But i reckon metallica have the worst fans, even though they used to be a good band.

You've obviously never listened to actual emo bands

That's quite likely. TRUE Emo is nothing like the "Corporate" Emo term being used to describe bands like Fall Out Boy. If you go to Wikipedia they have an excellent article on Emo music, & it tells all. They extended a bit of that sterotype into the modern radio garbage.

I don't know many True Emo bands, but I recently got an album from the band Gospel, which is supposed to be "Experimetal Emo"... I would call it "Progressive Post-Hardcore", but whatever the hell it is it's very good & not the least bit "ghey".

Metallica fans for sure. Most are stubborn fucking rednecks who's idea of REAL metal bands are Godsmack and Disturbed. Also they refuse to believe Load was a sellout album.

There are a lot of those types out there. Not many of those guys really appreciate Metallica in their heyday, & "One" is the heaviest song they've ever heard in their life. Guys like that are not true fans. Their true fans don't listen to them anymore because they burned all their albums when the Black Album came out :lol:

Slayer is a band that has arrogant fans, I've heard. I've never ran into any of their bad fans myself, but I've heard a lot of shit talk on their fans, & I could only imagine they're out there.

My most hated fans would be fans of Rage Against the Machine, Ozzy Osbourne, & probably Pantera. Not that they particulary annoy annoy me when I run into them, I'm just so sick of hearing about how Morello, Rhoads, Wylde, & DimeBag are the 4 greatest guitarists to have ever breathed air on planet Earth.

As much as I love & adore Allan Holdsworth, his fans are a very VERY snotty bunch more times than not. They're usually very over-critical of guitar players, which I am at times myself, only not as much as many of his fans... Funny, because I listen to him so much & I'm listening to him now.

When i opened this i was half expecting to see slipknot and trivium over and over again.

It is annoying when Slipknot fans say Slipknot is Death Metal. Other than that I don't mind them. But whats more annoying than them saying Slipknot is Death Metal is the reaction they get from people really into Death Metal. I'm into Death Metal (but I'm starting to get into Black Metal) but when I hear it I just leave them alone. In my opinion there isn't much use, if I can convince them, great. Either way I don't care.

That's quite likely. TRUE Emo is nothing like the "Corporate" Emo term being used to describe bands like Fall Out Boy. If you go to Wikipedia they have an excellent article on Emo music, & it tells all. They extended a bit of that sterotype into the modern radio garbage.

I don't know many True Emo bands, but I recently got an album from the band Gospel, which is supposed to be "Experimetal Emo"... I would call it "Progressive Post-Hardcore", but whatever the hell it is it's very good & not the least bit "ghey".

Yeah when I first listened to Rites Of Spring and other real Emo bands I was thinking "where did this horrible reputation come from, this sounds nothing like "emo" today".

(...)

As much as I love & adore Allan Holdsworth, his fans are a very VERY snotty bunch more times than not. They're usually very over-critical of guitar players, which I am at times myself, only not as much as many of his fans... Funny, because I listen to him so much & I'm listening to him now.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with that opinion.:)

A majority of Dream Theater's fans are all pretty crazy. Especially the ones that jumped on board after Train Of Thought.

"where did this horrible reputation come from, this sounds nothing like "emo" today".

It came from people's ignorance, simple as that. I mean there are shitty emo bands, but every genre has its fair share of offenders in this sense ...metal for example is occupied by sooo many horrible bands (i.e. Devildriver, Job For A Cowboy, Bleeding Through, Waking The Cadaver, Annotations Of An Autopsy).

Bu yeah, if you wanna check out good emo, check out Thrice, Brand New, Thursday, Fugazi...all good bands

Slayer is a band that has arrogant fans, I've heard. I've never ran into any of their bad fans myself, but I've heard a lot of shit talk on their fans, & I could only imagine they're out there.

My most hated fans would be fans of Rage Against the Machine, Ozzy Osbourne, & probably Pantera. Not that they particulary annoy annoy me when I run into them, I'm just so sick of hearing about how Morello, Rhoads, Wylde, & DimeBag are the 4 greatest guitarists to have ever breathed air on planet Earth.
Fair call with Pantera and Ozzy. I actually think Morello doesn't get enough credit, but I'm sick of the amount of Dimebag worshippers.

It came from people's ignorance, simple as that. I mean there are shitty emo bands, but every genre has its fair share of offenders in this sense ...metal for example is occupied by sooo many horrible bands (i.e. Devildriver, Job For A Cowboy, Bleeding Through, Waking The Cadaver, Annotations Of An Autopsy).

Bu yeah, if you wanna check out good emo, check out Thrice, Brand New, Thursday, Fugazi...all good bands

Good recommendations. Fugazi and Thursday are awesome.

Fair call with Pantera and Ozzy. I actually think Morello doesn't get enough credit, but I'm sick of the amount of Dimebag worshippers.

Pretty much all the Metalheads at my school are giant Pantera fans. I consider that a good thing, except for when they go around saying "Dimebag is the best". Most Pantera fans and fans of Hendrix or any guitarist that can be considered a God (in my experience) usually doesn't realize there is no "best" its all just a matter of opinion.

You've obviously never listened to actual emo bands

x2. have you even heard Cap N Jazz, Promise Ring, Reversal Of Man or Moss Icon?

also, don't dis the Ramones. I don't care if you hate the Sex Pistols or The Clash, but leave The Ramones out of this.

I depise Thursday. Geoff Rickly is pretty much responsible for the whole spock cut phenomenon. Fugazi is good, though.

I depise Thursday. Geoff Rickly is pretty much responsible for the whole spock cut phenomenon.

I only really like War All The Time because their newer records suck balls, but I'm just trying to say that there's better stuff out there than the bands everyone labels as emo when they're usually not.

Dave Matthew's Band
Sublime
System of a Down
Green Day (a dying breed)
Job For A Cowboy

Those are the most obnoxious I've come across and it doesn't help that I hate all of those bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.