Which Band has the Most Annoying Fans?

Cannibal Corpse fans.,,"Yeah dude, the corpse is the fuckin' most brutal fuckin' heaviest motherfuckin' shit in the world motherfucker! FUCKING GORE FUCKERS!"

Originally posted by Chromatose
not at all,

I mean the close-minded "anything but tool sucks unless maynard tells me its good, i believe everything that maynard says" kind of tool fan
Well,I suppose that's a good thing...but I do think that Maynard is a very interesting fellow with lots of interesting things to say.Like his on-stage rambling during the concert that I went to.And I do consider TOOL one of my top favorite bands.

Pain of Salvation doesn't write good songs???

you're on crack :)

IMO they are the best band on the planet currently.
along with Symphony X.....

Azal "prog nerd"

Well, not all prog fans. Just the snobby ones, of which there are far too many. "Oh, Iced Earth is so simplistic. 'Master Of Puppets' is unmusical and the songs are too short. Nevermore is just Korn with solos, and those solos are pathetic...they need to be playing twenty-minute epics about transcending your soul!! Dream Theater rules!!"

Fuck musical masturbation.

Oh, and a story about idiots...so in my U.S. History class on Tuesday, we got into a discussion during break about music. I voiced the opinion that Nirvana was second-rate and formulaic, and the girl who responded - mind you, an Advanced Placement & Honors student and the junior class president - had this to say.

"You listen to metal, you can't talk!" And that was the order of the day..."we don't like your music, so your opinion is invalid, even though we don't listen to the music you listen to and have no clue who Bruce Dickinson or Dave Mustaine is." Nirvana fans are fucking annoying wankers who need to be tied down and forced to listen to Slayer until they bleed from the ears. Then we put on some Maiden and talk about formula and creativity.

Okay, done ranting now.

-FOUR-DAY WEEKEND, MOTHERFUCKER!
Pyrus

Cannibal Corpse fans.,,"Yeah dude, the corpse is the fuckin' most brutal fuckin' heaviest motherfuckin' shit in the world motherfucker! FUCKING GORE FUCKERS!"
I'll have to agree with this, even though I am a Cannibal Corpse fan myself. :D Slipknot fans take a very close second, they act like Slipknot is the be all, end all of brutal music. HA.

Wow,someone insulted Nirvana before I did:eek:
Okay,here's my thoughts on Nirvana fans and just all ppl in general who think that Nirvana was such a "great" and "revolutionary" band-
Nirvana's is just lame and awful.It is not revolutinary in any way.It's the epitome of shitty garage rock.The thing I hate most about that band is the dead guy,Kurt Cobain.I'm glad he's dead,too because that means that he can't produce any more of the excretment that all of those morons consider music.Oh,and his lyrics...well,my 10 yr.old brother could write better,more meaningful song lyrics than Kurt.Where is all of the "teen angst" in the lyrics of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"-With the lights out it's less dangerous/Here we are now,entertain us" "A misquito,my libido", and other such things that even someone as musically untalented as myself could write.And how exactly is this music that ppl relate to?Then there was him killing himself.Where as others are looked down on for commiting suicide,he was patronized.MTV cameras at his house showimng images of kids in flannel crying and holding candles and talking about what a "wonderful,talented,gifted,sensitive" person Kurt was. Okay... well,if he was as great as they think he was,then why did he kill himself.If anything,that would show his fans just how much of an asshole he really was.But,no.He is now a "martyr" or some such bullshit.I know my thoughts aren't as organized or complete as I'd like them to be,but that's the main stuff.There are several other bands that were much more talented and out earlier than Nirvana,yet Nirvana are credited with starting that whole grunge/alternative rock movement.

Just read books, anything.Or watch movies.

Doing those things are bound to bring up some ideas.They must, unless you are braindead, haha

Nirvana weren't revolutionary, they copied a lot of their style from the Pixies, who were a much better band. Cobain even said "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was basically a Pixies song. Anyway, they always were mediocre at best, and are easily the most overrated band of all time in any genre.

And I love the so-called "musical masturbation" exemplified in prog bands (but perfected in tech metal bands), but bay area thrash is my favorite genre.

And it's good to see metalmancpa is still alive :)

All fans can be stupid. Especially Metal fans, because we expect too much. Every cd has to be better than the last and that's not going to happen. And if anybody does anything that we consider mainstream, then they are sellouts. If they appear on television or become popular then they are sellouts. Anyway, about that thing that pyrus said. Yeah, there are a lot of people at my school that are exactly like that girl although they are not all Nirvana. Some are AC/DC fans, Linkin Park fans, and rap fans. And they always have the same thing to say, "Metal is just a bunch of noise." And of course I always have the samething to say "You're a moron."

Originally posted by Lord of Metal
All fans can be stupid. Especially Metal fans, because we expect too much. Every cd has to be better than the last and that's not going to happen. And if anybody does anything that we consider mainstream, then they are sellouts. If they appear on television or become popular then they are sellouts.

100% correct! We are very picky. I've gotten better as I've gotten older but on some occasions I still say "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT!?!?!?" upon first listening of a new album by an old favorite. At least now I give it a chance, then I decide if it rules or if it sucks.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Actually - what bands fans ARE normal? I'd say none.

I think the most important thing we have to realize is that not all fans of any band act the same way. Cultural differences can also change how a band's fans in different countries act. Personally I like a bunch of the bands that many have shunned in this post so far. And I also can't stand many of the other bands people posted. Overall, i think as metalmancpa said above, its basically the die-hard fans that scare me of any band. I can like what a band does, but when someone ridicules them to no end about every little detail and can't see anyone else making awesome music, then I am not only scared of them but pity their ignorance.

Originally posted by azal

The TOOL fans I hate....the 14 year old kids who go to the show and scream for them to play Sober the whole time....fucking posers
HEY!!!:mad: Cunt...
Of course,I wasn't really screaming for them to play any song,"Sober" was the first one they played.Though there were a few songs that I would've rather heard in place of "Schism"..."Euelogy"(sp?),"Jimmy","Hooker with a Penis","Prison Sex","Bottom","Swamp Song",and anything from Opiate.