Which Band has the Most Annoying Fans?

"Only three of you said Opeth fans"

I said opeth fans. But its not here anymore. Or maybe its a different thread.

Actually, metal is a genre, it's not a "state of mind" or whatever you said. The only people who consider Queensryche metal are Queensryche fans that love metal, the ones that aren't into metal don't think of them as metal either, and metal fans that don't like Queensryche don't consider 'em metal either. Rush is another band people call metal that just isn't. Awesome, yes, progressive, yes, metal, no.

Queensryche definitely had a Metal vibe to them through Mindcrime, but mostly lost it after that. Like Fates Warning lost their Metal after No Exit.

As far as annoying fans go, I'd have to say Pantera fans are the worst I've encountered. I don't find Opeth fans annoying, because I agree with them! :p Although, I don't give a fuck if someone else disagrees, same goes for Nevermore.

Nevermore...

People, people,
we can say what is metal and what is not that easily..
Fates Warning are still metal ..imo ...they do have the riffs , the drums, and stuff ...and QR "Empire" is metal guys ....
Saying what is metal and what is not is too risky ...in a rock magazine in the early 70s says "top heavy metal bands are Mountain, Led Zeppelin, etc."

opeth, weezer, death metal fans that think its not metal if theres no grunting, most american numetal, country, anyone that hates metal no matter what, manowar (never met any fans but im sure they're idiots haha). fuck em all thats what i say.
-neal

Originally posted by azal
yes IoftheStorm
Psychotic Waltz fans rule because they are a select few.
There's not enough of us to garner a big dickhead percentage.

I agree on te Iced Earth fans too.

and the Dream Theater fans....I think visiting the mikeportnoy.com forum is proof enough of how bad they suck.
The drummer of psycho waltz owns a record store I often visit. He is an EXTREME asshole.I also used to buy weed from the guitar player,the crippled one,Mike I think.Funny that you mention them

Originally posted by Chromatose
dont get me wrong, I'm a huuuge fan of the band .. but

TOOL

I dont even know where to start with the problems of the majority of their fans ...
Well,what are some examples of the problems with TOOL fans?Eh,I bet I embody all of the problems of TOOL fans.

Brian is the guitarist in the wheelchair...there is was no Mike in Psychotic Waltz.
About Norm being an asshole...I'd probably be an asshole too if I was in one of the most revolutionary metal bands of the last 20 years, but no one seemed to notice so I'm still broke and working at a record store....
scratch that..I'm already an asshole..

Plus Queensryche is definately metal....especially the early stuff.
Fate Warning is metal too.
Rush is progressive rock...but they almost got metal in like the early 90s stuff.

One guy mention Weezer fans...explain that....aren't they all just geeky college guys and fat girls in Babylon 5 shirts that wear cardigans and glasses?

The TOOL fans I hate....the 14 year old kids who go to the show and scream for them to play Sober the whole time....fucking posers...
that's why I refused to go to a Tool show yet still being a huge fan for many years....
this year I finally had to give in becuase I wasn't missing the almighty Meshuggah.

Most Manowar fans suck too....
you should have seen them at the NJ Metal fest last year....mesh hats, mustaches and mullets...the 3 M's of death.

Originally posted by dreaming neon darkspot
Well,what are some examples of the problems with TOOL fans?Eh,I bet I embody all of the problems of TOOL fans.

not at all,

I mean the close-minded "anything but tool sucks unless maynard tells me its good, i believe everything that maynard says" kind of tool fan

I'd have to vote for Pain of Salvation or Dream Theater fans, mostly because I'm tired of the serious prog fans who cannot accept that there is talent in any other form of music. If there's not at LEAST 3-4 minutes per song devoted to each instrument's canoodling, then it's not good.

Wake me when their music gets interesting. ;)

^ I have to agree about prog fans.....

Most that I've encountered, act as if there is no other form of music that is any good. When in fact, even though the musicianship is really good.......the songs themselves usually bore me to tears.

I'm a massive Tool and Opeth fan, but even I've encountered those same close minded folks that think that way....

But most of all, I hate the NU metal mall core kids that think Slipknot is the heaviest and most brutal band on the planet....

DaNk :Smokedev: