Bands similar to CoB?

Speaking of singers, Rainer Nygård from Diablo had an absolutely epic voice on their first two albums.

He's since switched to a less gritty, more melodic style (The instrumentals have become more melodic too for that matter). It's still good and pretty unique too I think, but I liked the more brutal tone from the first two albums.

EDIT: How on earth did I end up linking the lyrics to the song, not the song itself? :D

Last edited:
As for Diablo (horrible band name choice when it comes to internet referencing by the way...), I like the screams, but the clean voice is horrible. Anyway, this voice reminds me a lot of Nine's singer.

Not exactly the same kind of music, but still fairly enjoyable.

Heh, it's funny how picky people, me included, can be when it comes to vocals, even screaming / growling vocals :D I, for example, initially disliked Wintersun due to Jari Mäenpää's voice, yet now it's one of my favorite bands. Similarly I can hear the similarity between the singers of Diablo and Nine, but for some reason I'm not a huge fan of the tone Nine's singer has, despite Diablo's singer being one of my favorite screamers / growlers ever.

To be honest: There is NO band on this planet which sounds like Bodom. Even Sinergy doesn't sound like Bodom at all.

But there are tons of bands which sounds like Norther, Naildown, Tracedawn, Imperanon, Kalmah, Euphoreon, etc. I don't know who came up with the idea that any of those bands would sound like Bodom...

Ask yourself when you listen to all those bands mentioned on the last 8 pages (btw: Slender - the 8 pages - awesome game): could that be a Bodom song? Would Alexi write such riffs?

^I don’t play much but I played a Slenderman game over a friend’s place a few years back and it gave very successful fright moments, I kept shouting out of shock when that little pale humanoid would surprise me from behind running towards me. The game had a few creative moments / environments. I listen to creepypastas since 2015 although it’s hard to find stories by credible individuals anymore now that it’s full of lame stories about guys with videogames and girls with ugly stalkers since that’s all life experience the new generations has, which is sad... it’s full of stories now that make every fundamental mistake in horror writing, full of cliches, no psychology etc.

Its a shame that this Band has made an 10 Year Anniversay DVD and Bodom not the last years. And these guys are not so fame as Bodom was:

Last edited:
Great band, haven't listened to the new album yet, but the last one was very good.

Reactions: Sany
Just listened to the new Lost Society and wow it's beyond crap. Pantera sucked back then and this sucks right now just as much.
rip Lost Society

Just listened to the new Lost Society and wow it's beyond crap. Pantera sucked back then and this sucks right now just as much.
rip Lost Society

I leaped thru the album in a minute (to see what all the buzz is about), and I could hear influences such as Limp Bizkit, Lamb of God, Stone, Sepultura, Pantera, Sinergy'esque solos maybe, Bodom (Trashed, Lost & Strungout), etc. Needless to say not my cup of tea, but I get it Alexi's into that type of riffing (Vulgar Display of Power) and the presence energy makes him remember the wild classic Bodom days. Maybe there's a place for this kind of music, I just don't understand it, but to me it doesn't belong to melodic death tours (then again, Bodom and LoG toured together).

Last edited: