Bands similar to CoB?

Didn't want to derail the Alexi memorial thread so I'll post this here. I hope Daniel keeps making music even though BAM is now probably cancelled. He could resurrect Naildown.

Reactions: Works0fheart

Fans of Melodic Death Metal should definitely check out this band. They only recorded this one album as far as I know and it is very inspired by CoB.......this track I think is the standout track. Check out the part at 2:31 and tell me that isn't the melody from TL&S :D

Reactions: Sany

Fans of Melodic Death Metal should definitely check out this band. They only recorded this one album as far as I know and it is very inspired by CoB.......this track I think is the standout track. Check out the part at 2:31 and tell me that isn't the melody from TL&S :D

Yeah, that's pretty much identical :D Reminds me of something (Not really COB apart from that TL&S melody) but I can't remember what.

It's possible it's an accident though that it sounds so similar. The melody is really simple theory wise, just the same pattern played over Am, Em, F and then a slight variation over G. The interlude in Northern Comfort for example uses the exact same pattern, except it goes over Em C Em and D instead. NC is a bit simpler though as it doesn't have that variation over the 4th chord. It's so simple in fact that I wrote that exact same melody myself around a year before I ever heard of COB :D

Last edited:
Just sharing a band I discovered really recently. It doesn't sound really CoB-ish, it's more like "Wintersun meets Movie soundtracks", but I thought it might be the type of things people on this forum would enjoy. It's only instrumentals and it's a one man band, but god, I love that.

@Joonas I think you might actually enjoy the "atmosphere" in this.

I kinda feel bad for digging that post up years after it's been posted but I'm flattered that you recommend my stuff. (I'm the dude behind Nahtram. I'm a long time member of the Andy Sneap board here on ultimatemetal. I'm not really active anymore here but I occasionally browse the other boards for fun)

About the vocals part: I have been asked this many times but for the moment the project will remain purely instrumental (for several reasons). I hope people still like that stuff. I love your "Wintersun meets Movie soundtracks" description btw because it fits pretty well what I have in my mind for the music.

Cheers!
Lukas

I had the Di Marzio in my guitar but unfortunately the pickup was not f-spaced. I didn't know there were two versions of this, or do the strings really run that much closer together at the height of the bridge PU?

anyone mentioned Made of Hate ? i just came across this on spotify randomy,,

Mate of Hate - Bullet in your head has some something wild/Hatebreeder vibes

anyone mentioned Made of Hate ? i just came across this on spotify randomy,,

Mate of Hate - Bullet in your head has some something wild/Hatebreeder vibes

Lol, what the fuck! It's the first band recommended in this thread that could actually be advertised as Bodom-like band.
The quality of the composition is obviously not as great as Laiho's, but there is definitely a very strong Bodom influence and the sound of the mix/the voice is really reminiscent of early Bodom!

I'll just share the song you mentioned here in case some other people don't want to bother searching for it. Amazing find mate.

Reactions: Woffer