Bands you dont like

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Time to start the hate, but please give reasons rather than "cause they are gay"

ok restriction - have to be in the genre's you like

mine are:

Rhapsody - the constant double base, orchestration and fabio's voice makes me want to crawl out my skin

New DT - James lost his voice plain and simple and the lyrics are rediculous. On the upside, the band can still play great music.

Freedom Call - dont like the constant double base and the singer is not to my likings

Iron Saviour

Wait now that i think of it, Im not really a fan of Euro Power Metal, but i do love US power metal

next

Genious (rock opera) - absolutely rediculous lyrics boring melodies to me its absolute garbage

Evergrey - eh its so so. music and lyrics get boring to meafter a couple listens

Power of Omens - HATE the vocals

Vanden Plas - whiny emo prog. music gets boring to me after a few listens

Ayreon - Hate the music and it seems like it doesnt flow, but oddly enough

Time Requiem - tooo many keys and musical masturmabation

Pagan's Mind - Absolutely loathe the singer who tries to be a Tate with his balls cut off.

Nemesis - dont like the singer simple as that

Im sure ill think of others later

This could cause a flame war, but what the hell let's give it a try.

The bands have to be from genres that I like right? let's see

Opeth-They are a talented band for sure, but their songwritting formula is very predictable (at least for me)

Dark Tranquility-The melodies are so uninspired (IMO) and I get bored real quick when I give them a listen, I gave The Gallery plenty of spins, but no luck so far.

Cannibal Corpse-Gore for the sake of being gore.

ah I can't think of any more bands right now, i'll post some more later.

Freak Kitchen - Silly music.
Pagan's Mind - Absolutely loathe the singer. Reminds me of Ralf Sheepers.
Primal Fear - Ralf Sheepers
New DT - They're all out of good ideas. Haven't written a great album since "Awake".

*rubs hands together at prospect of what this thread could bring*

Muwahahahahahaaa...!

Anyway, in no particular order:
Dream Theater
Pain Of Salvation
Cannibal Corpse
Primal Fear
anything done by Arjen Lucassen
Sinner
Squealer
Jag Panzer
System of a Down
December
Hades
King's X
Rage
Annihilator
Avalon
Meshuggah
Iron Fire
Zyklon
Timo Tolkki solo
Devin Townsend
Mortiis

There's loads more, but that ought to do for now.

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
yeah i forgot bout Jag Panzer hate the singing. any particular reasons you dont like all those bands?

Various reasons, but all sharing a common theme: they suck (I'll put the IMO just for those who don't have that part of internet posting figured out yet).

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
spanks man. I think its the best album of all time

yeah... it's probably in my Top 15 at least... although I don't really keep track... just an amazing work... great cover art too (sorry for turning your hate thread into a love thread)

Pagan's Mind - James Labrie except 1000 times worse on vocals

Opeth - super slow 12 minute songs put me to sleep

Spiral Architect - sure, they are insanely technical, but they have absolutely no sense of groove and they give you the worst headache after hearing them for about 5 minutes, it sounds like the goddamn CD keeps skipping

Nile/Hate Eternal/Dying Fetus/Origin/Decapitated/Cryptopsy/Vader/other similar shitty bands - sure, what they're doing it probably fairly complex, but does it have any musical value? Not really, unless you just want to hear about a zillion palm muted low notes played as fast as possible with blast beats played way more often than they should be.

Lacuna Coil - pretty nice singing, HORRIBLE songwriting otherwise

Porcupine Tree - I just can't get into this band for some reason or another

Limp Bizkit/KoRn/Disturbed/Good Charlotte/Sum 41/Andrew WK - no comment needed for these pathetic acts

Tool - I liked the Undertow album, but now they are trying too hard to be different. Why do bands go out of their way to be different? It ends up sucking 99 times out of 100.

Slipknot - no melody whatsoever

Sworn Enemy - saw these guys open for Arch Enemy last year....... easily the WORST band I've ever seen live... power chords riffs with a wannabe Phil Anselmo on vocals.

Jag Panzer - Not very good singing, good guitarist, but that isn't enough to save this band from having terrible riffs.

oh yeah..... I forgot one more..

Nevemore - Awesome guitar playing, simply brilliant at times... but I still don't like most of the riffs. Warrel Dane is a terrible singer, and maybe he might like to try writing some lyrics about something other than the government....... he's starting to get as annoying as Hammerfall is with their goddamn "glory" and "battle" and "honor" shit.

All death - puking just doesn't turn me on. perfect waste of some extreme talent. underneath all the "Gurguling Menstrual Phlegm".

well, i guess that's about it

oh yeah... can't forget

Devin Townsend

HevyDevy crAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!