Bands you listened to before you listened to metal

Queen
Pink floyd
led zeppelin
AC/DC, despite being australian myself, i cant stand these guys.
jimi hendrix
bob dylan
NOFX * come on, they're fun.
Black Sabbath
iron maiden

i've always looked for musical ability in music...
my parents raised me on led zeppelin and pink floyd(favorite band regardless of anything, for life)

Thoth-Amon said:
Just a question... why can't you continue to listen to bands that you listened to before getting into metal? Does being a fan of metal preclude you from liking other types of music?

Altough I love Metal and Industrial I like some of everything dude I even like some pop music mainly the infectious beat oriented stuff though I hate shit like Maroon 5 and John Mayer "The Rock selling out to Pop sound" stuff like that's bland and boring. I like any rapper that can put out a decent beat and if they can Rap that's a plus too.

Thoth-Amon said:
Just a question... why can't you continue to listen to bands that you listened to before getting into metal? Does being a fan of metal preclude you from liking other types of music?

Only if you wanna be 'true metal' or 'full metal'. :kickass:

Believe it or not, I wasn't into metal at a young age i was lsitening to that pop shit, then i heard Limp Bizkit, Korn, Godsmack and just grew into metal from there, and im sure many people have gone through the same as me

I really don't understand this "before I listened to metal I loved Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden" shit.... They are metal!

ZZ Top
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams Jr
Stevie Ray Vaughaun
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Allman Bro.s Band
Steve Miller Band
Eric Clapton
James Taylor
Dr Dre
Snoop Dogg

and I still listen to most of this stuff pretty often these days.

Before metal I liked psychedelic rock such as Hendrix, Cream, and The Doors. Before that it was blues based hard rock AC/DC, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and SRV. Still listen to that stuff heavily, was raised on classic rock and metal.

MegaShogun said:
Before metal I liked psychedelic rock such as Hendrix, Cream, and The Doors. Before that it was blues based hard rock AC/DC, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and SRV. Still listen to that stuff heavily, was raised on classic rock and metal.

+10000000000000

man, thats all shite i still jam to today...I'm a HUGE SRV fan, was raised on all that stuff... :headbang:

Most all classic rock bands, always hated pop. I listened to some 80's stuff like The Cars (who I still like), but my dad got me into metal at age 10ish.

Classic rock- Queen, Uriah Heep, Scorpions, etc.

The first piece which evoked my interest in music(before that I was generally apathetic towards it) was Andrew Lloyd Webber's rock-opera Jesus Christ Superstar

First metal acquisition: Metallica-Ride the Lightning

At a young age, I was heavily into film scores and video game soundtracks. I didn't delve into anything related to the popular music scene until about age 14 (I am 17 now). I went through a lifetime of taste phases in about two years until I discovered metal a little over a year ago, and I have not left since.

Really fucking short list since the first kind of music i really started to like was metal..... and that was when i was 6, i'm at current listening to loads of geners other than metal though....

AC/DC & Johnny Cash, maily. AC/DC remain one of my favourites to this day, too.

I didn't really listen to metal until like grade 8 thats when I was so different from people in my school because everyone listened to rap.

Nickleback(please don't kill me)
Incubus
Creed
Sugar Ray

nickelback is cool... incubus is cool..others suck though lol.

i grew up listening to metallica anthrax pantera carcass death wooww too many to name

Before I listened to metal I listened to all that pop shit then my brother used to play the beasty boys then I listened to LP and all that pop rock then my brother played iron man. I didnt know the lyrics so i made up my own and would sing it. then everything changed when I heard Pantera for the first time. It was in my brothers truck.He then got me metallicas black album. The next year he got me MOP and AJFA. since then I listened to metal. He also played bls