Bands You Wish You Liked

I don't think anybody in this thread is going to try and change anyone's opinion. These are bands after all people wished they liked but just can't.

The Beatles.

Bob Dylan. Yeah the lyrics are good, but the music and his voice suck worse than a shit that is so sticky you can't clean yourself without soap and water.

Sleep. The song Dragonaut is awesome, but all their others songs are diahretic spray.

Aeryon. It should be cool, but it is not. The songs bore the sharts out of me.

Spawn of Possession. I can get into it if I'm trashed, but not if I'm sober...

Tom Petty and the Buttfuckers. I do not want to like them. I just want to tell everyone how much I fucking hate them.

sleep is amazing iyam
dragonaut isn't even a good song really. holy mountain and inside the sun are the best songs on "holy mountain" imoafaik.
dopesmoker is pretty cool too.

slayer.
try as i may, i just can't get into them at all.
just can't see the appeal
and please don't try to sway my opinions with slayer songs or albums, because this is a lost cause.
Same. As well as:
Anthrax
Metallica - er, I could love them. If James was a mute.
Pantera - same as Metallica, but I hate Phil with a passion.
Sigur Ros - I'm assumng it's an aquired thing.
the Doors - if only just so I don't get annoyed at how severely overrated they are whenever I hear them.
Kiss - I loved Kiss until I was 16. Havent been able to take them seriously since then. It kind of sucks.

I cannot get past the drumming.

brann's annoying as fuck with his fills. it's to the point where songs like sleeping giant are practically ruined (when they're otherwise sublime) because of his overuse of snare rolls. like dude, we get it - you learned jazz drumming and you can play really fast snare rolls. no need to put 5 of them in a bar.

There are several bands I wish I liked but can't get into. It certainly seems to contradict itself but I know what the OP is talking about. I have tried several times and several songs, I simply cannot get into Kayo Dot, In the Woods..., Mastodon, Genesis, Evergrey, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Sentenced, etc.

There are even several albums too of bands I mostly love, but I can't get into one particular album.
Porcupine Tree - Signify
In Flames - Whoracle and Colony (I just have Lunar Strain and The Jester Race)
Anekdoten - Nucleus
a few Dream Theater albums

I'm sure theres many more

I agree with people who mentioned Meshuggah. I bought ObZen based, in large part, on how some people on this board have raved about them but...I just don't get it. I can appreciate how heavy it is and all, but, I like a little bit of melody with my heaviness.

I agree with people who mentioned Meshuggah. I bought ObZen based, in large part, on how some people on this board have raved about them but...I just don't get it. I can appreciate how heavy it is and all, but, I like a little bit of melody with my heaviness.

most people jizz about the polyrhythms that haake plays, that's why most people rant and rave about meshuggah in general.

obzen is a decent album, bleed and dancers to a discordant system are probably my favorite tracks off of it. I liked catch 33 much better, ttytt.

most people jizz about the polyrhythms that haake plays, that's why most people rant and rave about meshuggah in general.

obzen is a decent album, bleed and dancers to a discordant system are probably my favorite tracks off of it. I liked catch 33 much better, ttytt.

Meshuggah's newer albums have become bore-fests. They were actually interesting for Contadictions Collapse and Destroy Erase Improve. Now the rest of the world seem to have caught a drift of them when they are beginning to become formulaic. ObZen was so predictable that I didn't even feel the need to buy it. At least Catch 33 and I had something different happening (to an extent), but since they have gone to the slowed-down 'poly rhythmic' thang I have had less and less time for them.