Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

I'm thinking of picking up Vader's XXV. They basically took a ton of tracks from their back catalogue and re-recorded them. Not sure if it's worth it, though.

I don't think so. They've added some strings and shit to Carnal for example and it sounds gay.

Yes.
It's more ambient now than black-doom. But it's still Nortt, and still good.

The new Sombres Forets is pretty nifty. The song 'La Nuit' is incredible, the rest isn't quite as good, but overall a very good album.

Has anyone mentioned Ufomammut - Idolum yet? If not, they should have. I think I prefer Snailking, but this is still one hell of an album.

Darkspace - III
Unearthly Trance - Electrocution
Origin - Antithesis
The Rotted - Get Dead or Die Trying
Nachtmystium - Assassins
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Disfear - Live The Storm
Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living
Spite Extreme Wing - Vltra
Cor Scorpii - Monument
Bloodbath - Unblessing the Purity

Haven't listen to it much but the Hail of Bullets album sounds pretty great.

For non metal..
Cold Fusion and Rukkanor - Silk Road
Agalloch - The White EP
Sjiro - Kokoro
Russian Circles - Station

Opeth ~watershed
Daylight Dies ~lost to the living
Unleashed ~hammer battalion
Bloodbath ~unblessing the purity

Not the best but good.

Demiurg ~the hate chamber
Grave ~dominion VIII

I still need to get the Bloodbath and Draconian and have not even heard the new Scar Symmetry.

Darkspace - III

Only heard it 3 times so far... probably my favorite album this year.

But there are 2 problems... the album is almost too long, I never managed to hear it in one go. The second is the album is already impossible to buy anywhere after like 1 month? that sucks, I saw it on ebay for like 80$.

But there are 2 problems... the album is almost too long, I never managed to hear it in one go. The second is the album is already impossible to buy anywhere after like 1 month? that sucks, I saw it on ebay for like 80$.

It seems like you can get it here - http://www.blackscaped.de/product_info.php?ref=7&products_id=6254&affiliate_banner_id=1

It doesn't say it's out of stock, but it may be anyway.

I got it pre-ordered for 20 bucks, but CD Universe fucked me over and put it on back order.

After how long? My pre-order went to a back order and I have to wait a year or two? Bull-fucking-shit.

so you haven't heard it yet? i'm sure you will like it. i think it's their best so far although it's not the type of thing i listen to over and over. it's great when the mood is just right.

Can anyone recommend me some good death metal releases from this year...death metal that's heavy, fast, and 'in-your-face' with good production values - but not something too technical, or boring/monotonous.