Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

I posted this in another thread already, but here is my top 10 of the year so far, in no order:

Zero Hour-Dark Deceiver
Serenity-Fallen Sanctuary
Amon Amarth-Twilight Of The Thunder God
Testament-The Formation Of Damnation
Decrepit Birth-Diminishing Between Worlds
Iced Earth-The Crucible Of Man
Melvins-Nude With Boots
Opeth-Watershed
Tyr-Land
Cynic-Traced In Air

nude with boots was a mild dissapointment in my opinion.

doesn't even really crack the top 15 best melvins cds list

still it's good

Tell me; do you have the means to create music like Striborg? Do you have the means and vision to create music, at all?

Let me know, Talentless Black Metal Dropout # 1088, tell me of all your great musical accomplishments!

I'm not claiming to be a musician, so your post is wholly irrelevant, but thanks for trying to appear clever and relevant on the internet. You don't have to be a musician in order to be able to critique something.

i do agree with you about that, blackmail

it's a tired argument when people say that stuff. it doesn't even bother me that a lot of people hate striborg. he's really just not for everyone. you are certainly more than welcome to voice your opinion whether you can play fuzz guitar and croak over a drum machine or not.

Striborg is a hit or miss band, and he really has no interesting "vision" with his band. It is some slightly strange raw BM.

yeah, i thought senile animal was a lot better

you know what i think i really need to give nude a couple more listens. i may have judged too quickly

i think my favorite is the maggot

i've been a melvins fan for like 20 years. their discography is friggen huge and it's hard to even keep up

i'm giving it a fresh listen right now

Senile Animal was great too, I think I like Nude a bit better, but they're both great. Did you like the Fantomas/Melvins live album?

i haven't heard it but throw me the name and i'll check it out. like i said, it's really hard to keep up

to be honest i haven't even gotten around to looking into tomahawk yet

my black metal and gg allin obsession has taken over a big chunk of my life. not to mention funeral doom. eeysh

Well the album was called Millennium Monsterwork, it's hard to pick out select tracks, if you've heard any Fantomas you'll understand.

i'll just check out the whole album

it was right before the "hostile ambient takeover". what a weird album that is

i found it. it seems like it's gonna be a melvins night for me. it's been awhile. i'm actually really enjoying nude right now. it may possibly even make my top ten. it's catchy, actually

i've heard the fantomas stuff like the covers of the horror movie soundtrack songs, actually. really weird stuff. i like that shit

i just listened to that tune, it is great. now it's time to check out the live one. it downloaded in like 1 minute

so far pretty great. king buzzo is the most underrated person in the history of music. what an interesting concert!