Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

So far I've only heard:

Warbringer - War Without End
Testament - Formation of Damnation
Black Tide - Ligth From Above

Black Tide's album is actually my favorite out of the three. It may be mainstream, but their songs are catchy as shit, and the solos are awesome. They have a modern heavy metal sound with some thrash and speed metal elements. The singer is not really that good either, but yet again, he's only 15, so he's alright considering his age.

So far I've only heard:

Warbringer - War Without End
Testament - Formation of Damnation
Black Tide - Ligth From Above

Black Tide's album is actually my favorite out of the three. It may be mainstream, but their songs are catchy as shit, and the solos are awesome. They have a modern heavy metal sound with some thrash and speed metal elements. The singer is not really that good either, but yet again, he's only 15, so he's alright considering his age.

Warbringer sucks in concert. The worst part is they really don't realize it, and I guess they think the crowd is into it, or something... idk... but it sucked.

My picks so far this year...
Arsis - We Are the Nightmare
Brain Drill - Apocalyptic Feasting
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Hollenthon - Opus Magnum
Mercenary - Architect of Lies
Opeth - Watershed
Pyramaze - Immortal
Septic Flesh - Communion

looking forward to/haven't listened enough to
Ihsahn - Angl
the new Iced Earth, Orphaned Land, Drudkh, Axis of Perdition and hopefully Nokturnal Mortum
Adagio, Daylight Dies, Gory Blister, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity, and Swallow the Sun as well

My list is pretty close to a few other people here:
Ignivomous - Void of Salvation EP
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Agalloch - The White EP

I still haven't heard the new Necrovation album as I'm waiting to see if the vinyl version comes to US distros, but I might just pick up the CD on my next order as it's been too long not hearing this new material.

I've tried to go to Keep of Kalessin's myspace page, but some fucking piano song and the sound of some guy coughing are playing at the same time that the music is going, and it's fucking annoying as hell! I can't figure out how to turn it off.
Go on their official website then. They have youtube vid's posted of the making of the new album Kolossus.

Warbringer sucks in concert. The worst part is they really don't realize it, and I guess they think the crowd is into it, or something... idk... but it sucked.

At first I really liked Warbringer's album, but it gets repetative after a while. I still dig it though.

Bloodbath~ unblessing the purity
Draconian~ turning season within
Demiurg~ the hate chamber

I still need to hear all of Watershed.

Maybe I should get the new Averse Sefira, since it's apparently the best black metal album of the past 12 years....

Otherwise, it seems like it's been a slow year.

No one mentioned the DsO releases. Forgettable, or have people not heard them yet?

Ok, but I think I would count the unreleased material as new. Plenty of stuff sits on the shelf for a year or more before being released, and it would just get way too confusing.

Massive Conspiracy Against All Life was done some time in 2006.

Because it's kvlt!!

Arckanum - Antikosmos LP out next month. FUCK. Album of the year? Maybe. Probably.

New Demiurg comes out in 10 days in the States. Euros should all have it in their hands by now, damn fucks.

Communic leaked...dunno when it's out but that should be amazing too.