Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

i cant wait for the new orphaned land. speaking of which, i really need to start writing the interview questions for them
~gR~

My top 5 are already listed in my sig...but in order:

1. Veneficium, "De Occulta Philosophia - A Missae Tenebrae"

2. Uninvited Guest, "Malice in Wonderland"

3. Moonspell, "Night Eternal"

4. Belphegor, "Bondage Goat Zombie"

5. Carach Angren, "Lammendam"

Well most metal bands who take influence from classical use it as a secondary element to their music, or just as samples or in background. Not very often, do you get bands who try to recreate classical-structured songs with guitars etc.

It's a great album. It's basically a mix of classical with black metal (with occasional death metal-ish vocals). However, unlike most black metal bands who do this, it doesn't have a polished sound to it, and it isn't really a 'symphonic' style album. I highly recommend it.

Check out samples at their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/40881183

Sounds very interesting. I'm on dialup most of the summer so myspace samples don't work for me. I will be going down to Boston later this week so I'll check then.

Favourite metal releases thus far in 2008:

Abominable Putridity - In The End Of Human Existence
Decaying Purity - Phases Of Dimensional Torture
Behexen - My Soul For His Glory
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels
Goreinhaled - The Art Of Sickness
Human Filleted - Hideous Sculptures Of The Dead
Origin - Antithesis

The upcoming Despondency record, entitled Revelation IV, is my most anticipated release in 2008.

Hey Henrik, maybe you should tell your European buddies to send shit Americans order! :)

New Despondency will be worth checking out, even if Supreme Misanthropic Brutality was full of fucking average.

Can anyone point me to where I can get the new Behexen for the best price?

It hasn't been released in North America yet (middle of this month if I'm not mistaken). Once it has though I'm sure you'll find a bunch of copies in the usual places.

It's a great album. It's basically a mix of classical with black metal (with occasional death metal-ish vocals). However, unlike most black metal bands who do this, it doesn't have a polished sound to it, and it isn't really a 'symphonic' style album. I highly recommend it.

Check out samples at their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/40881183

Really enjoying those samples, especially Consecratio