Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

Hey Henrik, maybe you should tell your European buddies to send shit Americans order! :)

New Despondency will be worth checking out, even if Supreme Misanthropic Brutality was full of fucking average.

Art thou referring to your not having received the latest Decaying Purity, or...?

As for "Supreme Misanthropic Brutality": I think it was full of fucking win, especially "Infected With Life" and "Steps To Supremacy".

Favorite so far:

Arghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom
Meshuggah - obZen
Cough - Sigillum Luciferi
Dr. Livingdead - Thrashing The Law
Cult of Luna - Eternal Kingdom

Looking forward to:

lol idunno

I for one am beginning to really look forward to Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With The Stars

has anyone listened to Legion of the Damned's new album?
Any opinions?

The new Communic certainly is not fucking bad, but it will take more time for me to get into this one than I did with their past releases. It's probably just the riffs that throw me off. Whoever said the drumming sucked on this album needs to check their ears, as it's not at all different from the work put out on previous releases.

That being said, probably Agalloch's The White, Prostitute Disfigurement's newest, Bloodbath's Unblessing The Purity, Dismember's S/T, and Draconian's newest are my picks the best of 2008 so far. I also really liked Hypocrisy's new take on Catch 22, though i'm not sure people will agree with me on this.

Wtf? Communic's drumming is fucking awesome, that's hte only thing they have on top of the vocals. The guitars aren't anything, and I dont even think they have had more than 1 solo. listen to CIM(cd) and tell me the drumming isnt the heart of every song

The drumming in Communic's first 2 albums far surpass anything else, other than his voice. He doesn't even have those long notes that he's awesome for in the new album

^ I know the guy who play in this band, we live in the same city.

I must admit I found their previous albums a bit average.... I should give a try to this one if you call it amazing. In my opinion Akitsa is the best (and probably the only good?) band from my region.