Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

^ indeed. HOWEVER, that doesn't diminish the fact that Ozzman is still winning. Good show sir.

Only it's not. If you don't remember songs like Phantoms (Of The Oath), Autopsy and Where No Ghost Is Holy, you fail at life.

The God That Never Was and Dismember are about the same in quality. Now both camps can stop their bitching and embrace both equally now that I've given you the correct answer.

I really enjoy three 2008 releases:

Dismember - S/T :kickass:
Meshuggah - Obzen :kickass:
Soilent Green - Inevitable Collapse...:kickass:

Still got a lot to get / listen. These three are amazing IMO.

So,after going through these 7 pages I think I'll check out these-

Moonsorrow-Tulimyrsky.
Necrovation-Breed Deadness Blood.
Hour Of Penance - The Vile Conception.
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels.
Veneficium-De Occulta Philosophia - A Missae Tenebrae.

And about NECROVATION,why haven't I heard of this band I don't know.Are they anything like the last DEATHEVOCATION or NOMINON?Those were awesome.

Can any of you give me a list of modern old school death metal bands I should listen to?(Specially Necuratul or V.V.V.V.V. cause you guys seem to know this stuff very well)

For me,the best of 2008 yet has to be the new Manilla road,new Eluveitie is not that bad but the first one was just too good.

To me, Necrovation sounds like Carnage jamming with early Beherit (mainly in the vocals + atmosphere). You should definitely check them. Nec knows more modern old-school death than I, but check out Slugathor, Repugnant, Drowned and Nerlich.

VERY good taste btw.