deicide - till death do us part
celestia - frigidiis apotheosia : abstinencia genesiis
baptism - grim arts of melancholy
azaghal - omega

So,after going through these 7 pages I think I'll check out these-

Moonsorrow-Tulimyrsky.
Necrovation-Breed Deadness Blood.
Hour Of Penance - The Vile Conception.
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels.
Veneficium-De Occulta Philosophia - A Missae Tenebrae.

And about NECROVATION,why haven't I heard of this band I don't know.Are they anything like the last DEATHEVOCATION or NOMINON?Those were awesome.

Can any of you give me a list of modern old school death metal bands I should listen to?(Specially Necuratul or V.V.V.V.V. cause you guys seem to know this stuff very well)

For me,the best of 2008 yet has to be the new Manilla road,new Eluveitie is not that bad but the first one was just too good.

Atheist - Piece of Time
Autopsy - Severed Survival
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence
Massacre - From Beyond
Master - On the Seventh Day God Created... Master
Merciless - The Awakening
Messiah - Hymn to Abramelin
Molested - Blod Dram
Order From Chaos - Stillbirth Machine
Possessed - Seven Churches
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming with the Dead
Seance - Fornever Laid to Rest
Sinister - Cross the Styx
Slaughter - Strappado
Afterlife
Eulogy
Goreaphobia
Gutted
Imprecation
Mass Psychosis / Psychosis - Face (highly fucking recommended)
Morta Skuld
Mythic
Oppressor
Revenant
Solstice

Some bands im going off of, I downloaded about the other half ot he list. Check the Classic Albums thread for malign's post, it's full of gems

Striborg-Autumnal Melancholy is soooo good. I love this form of insane and fucked up black metal that Sin Nanna plays. Something very fresh that sets it apart from other raw black metal bands.

Nechrist from Belarus will be releasing their next album this year. This is one of the most anticipated releases for me, since the band claims they are forging a new industrial black metal sound. The album will be titled Ad Majorem Dei Infamiam.

do you just put the albums names here even if you think it's not that good to be in in the best of 2008? a lot of albums names here are absolutely not best of 2008 and it shouldn't be in the list, i guess it could be just people's taste in music are different :rolleyes:.

do you just put the albums names here even if you think it's not that good to be in in the best of 2008? a lot of albums names here are absolutely not best of 2008 and it shouldn't be in the list, i guess it could be just people's taste in music are different :rolleyes:.

Don't be fucking gay.

obviously the lists will change because the year isn't even half over. i mean, i listed mourning beloveth after hearing it only once. i don't think it's even out yet. why in god's name am i explaining this?

Strange that we all have different tastes in music, right?

Or maybe they're telling to tell us that they know a lot of bands that we got no clue about them, some albums are nowhere close to be in the best of 2008 list.