Best of 2012...so far

Dragged Into Sunlight.. Has been quite awesome

Meh, pure cacophony. Wails are far too emotive, where they sound almost effeminate rather than menacing. This is try hard pseudo black metal for the Brooklyn Vegan crowd. Dudes are all donning ski masks, but I wouldnt be surprised if two years back they were chavs in Adidas jumpsuits. Cool cover art, but heh, give me a side of atmosphere with this "noise."

Edit- That sample added to "Hatred or Mankind" sounds so damn out of place as well. I had to check my other open windows to see if a pop up ad came up.

:popcorn:

Meh, pure cacophony. Wails are far too emotive, where they sound almost effeminate rather than menacing. This is try hard pseudo black metal for the Brooklyn Vegan crowd. Dudes are all donning ski masks, but I wouldnt be surprised if two years back they were chavs in Adidas jumpsuits. Cool cover art, but heh, give me a side of atmosphere with this "noise."

Edit- That sample added to "Hatred or Mankind" sounds so damn out of place as well. I had to check my other open windows to see if a pop up ad came up.

:popcorn:

Shall have to agree to disagree. I find their approach fresh and interesting and while not as good as their previous effort, have enjoyed numerous spins.

Hmm this Dordeduh album is pretty fookin' cool. On the first listen, I have a feeling this one will just keep getting better.

Initial opinion at the halfway point: this is The Coast Explodes of black metal. That's a very good thing indeed.

they had a show tonight but they cancelled it :(
Glad to hear they are still making music, I hope they record something further. I would put The Coast Explodes as one of the finest albums of the aughts, and it just keeps getting better with time. Give me that album, Transmutations by Yakuza, OM by Negură Bunget, Seminar III by Old Man Gloom, and the first Kayo Dot album and I am one happy fucking queer. Wait make it a Top 6 and add A Sun That Never Sets kplzthx.

Only negative is the chanting outro to Jind de tronuri , it's sung in the same cadence as Holla Back Girl. I usually just hit ffwd at that point.
:lol: god dammit I hope I don't hear it like that next time I spin it. Fucking marvelous album, you know it's a good'un when the album is 80 minutes long but you spin it twice in one night.

Got halfway through the new Neurosis before going to sleep last night. Pretty damn good on first listen, although kinda "happy" for them, wtf?! I liked it pretty quickly, which is weird because I'm still trying to figure out if I even enjoy Given to the Rising. Neurosis = growth metal

I would enjoy the new Neurosis so much more if the cover wasn't that godawful. The music feels wise, old and bent like an old warrior, which the members are I suppose. I disliked it at first but it spread its charms rapidly in spite of a few distrubingly weak parts. I like a band who does not desperately aim for a "back to the roots" thing but play music that suits them.

I would enjoy the new Neurosis so much more if the cover wasn't that godawful. The music feels wise, old and bent like an old warrior, which the members are I suppose. I disliked it at first but it spread its charms rapidly in spite of a few distrubingly weak parts. I like a band who does not desperately aim for a "back to the roots" thing but play music that suits them.

I dunno. I've been disappointed with everything post-ASTNS to be honest.

Yeah I'm skipping seeing them on Friday because I haven't much loved the last few albums.

Also I'm becoming more of a shut-in these days, thinking about moving to them thar hills more and more with each passing day.

At the same time I agree about the age thing. I call it the Bob Dylan Factor. "Yes. I'm OLD." I respect that.