Best of 2012...so far

never heard of 1/3 the bands on that Spin list, have no interest in another 1/3, and the last 1/3 range from pretty good to awesome

but even then, the awesome bands' 2012 albums were mostly only ok too

I can see why people would eat it up but I don't find that it brings anything new and exciting to the table. FOr what it is, it's well done and all but...Been there, done that. I guess you could say that I find that they don't have "their own sound."

I'm not a huge fan of the new Swans or Colour Haze. After several spins each they are both just okay. DISAPPOINTING!

I've probably only heard 10 new releases from 2012 and I won't even bother making a Top 10 list this year. Whatever, I don't even pay attention to when shit is released anymore.

Is Faustian Echoes from 2012? Okay that's #1 and everything else is ranked G through W to me.

new colour haze is pretty good, but they are just sort of releasing the same album over and over again...
Yarp. I mainly listen to All these days and am happy with that. I'm sure I'll keep listening but I'm not thinking WHOA like once before.

For the only person I've ever seen to have this opinion, I'm glad it's you.
You're welcome. :loco: I'll give it plenty of more chances but unlike everything else by them, emotionally speaking I'm feeling pretty average about it.

No spoilers on my end, since I'm waiting on the rag I write for to post it, but I will say the Witch Mountain and the Blood of the Black Owl albums are on there.