Best Opeth CD for a new listener

MetalTillDeath

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2001
US
Hey...I heard a few Opeth songs and they're amazing but I dont know too much about the band. What do you all think is the best Opeth CD to start off with?

Fuck it! Start with the best: Orchid, and the Morningrise.

After you've listen to both albums 500+ times, you should listen to the other stuff... My arms your ass, Still Life and Blackwater Park.

I started with Still Life and now Opeth are my favourite band.:)

And now after having heard all the albums many times myself, I would recommend Still Life as the starting point as it seems to me to be the most accessable.

fuck it. just get whatever you can get your opeth deprived hands on.. either way you're going to end up completely inlove with Opeths sound (unless you're lacking something) start at the beginning or start with the most recent.. it all ends up the same.

Its all wickedly beautiful, man. just get what you can to start with.
like many other awesome awesome bands, you cant say "its the best".. i mean, maybe you have your favorites and shit, but each album is its own progression of the last and the next to come.. cant really be divided.. theyre all fucking awesome

You should get the latest (BWP) and work your way backwards through their catalog. This usually works quite well when you're just getting into a band later in the game (or at least a band w/5 cds out already). Best to start off at "where they are at right now" in their lives/career then see "where they came from".

Whatever way you go though...all of their cds are 10/10.

Why don't you guys recommend Damnation? Man, it's so mellow and nice. Good record to start the journey deeper to the Opeth realm....

h4r h4r h4r