Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oath Bound

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Let's settle this, once and for all. Personally it's a three-way tie between Minas Morgul, Stronghold and LMHSYF. I'm picking Stronghold for this poll because I think it's underrated.

I still don't understand why people worship Dol Guldur so much. The album seems too drawn out and monotonous, as opposed to the more guitar action in MM and SH, and the synth action in LMHSYF. I haven't heard Oath Bound yet, but perhaps this poll can prompt my eventual purchase of that album.

Let's settle this, once and for all. Personally it's a three-way tie between Minas Morgul, Stronghold and LMHSYF. I'm picking Stronghold for this poll because I think it's underrated.

I still don't understand why people worship Dol Guldur so much. The album seems too drawn out and monotonous, as opposed to the more guitar action in MM and SH, and the synth action in LMHSYF. I haven't heard Oath Bound yet, but perhaps this poll can prompt my eventual purchase of that album.

Buy it.

Btw i like your taste of music from what i see in your last fm.

Damn, very difficult! I have to go with Dol Guldur.... my personal favourite at the moment.

I can't stand this band.. i gave them a try when i bought Oathbound and when i heard it i had to get rid of it... maybe i'll give them a shot again in the future and perhaps try Stronghold next time...

Oath Bound isn't the best album to start with i believe.... Stronghold would be a better idea.

i vote for Dol Guldur.

Oath Bound would triumph if it weren't so damn repetitive. The melodies are wonderfully inventive and immersive, but songs meander too much and never fully develop. Maybe that's the point, but at this point I'd take the more varied Dol Guldur or Mortal Heroes over it. However, Mirdautas Vras is one of the godliest songs ever, and I get sweaty palms each time I hear it.

How about a punch in the mouth?

I voted Dol guldur. All of their first three are gold though. I'm not too interested in their later stuff.

Dol Guldur and Minas Morgul are their best. I've noticed that people seem to either completely detest Summoning or abslotely love them It almiost never seems to fall somewhere in between the two extremes. I can understand those who claim that Summoning are excruciatingly tedious but it's actually so easy to be immersed in their music. Just turn up the volume. Dol Guldur, especially with headphones on, is overwhelmingly awesome.