Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toxik - World Circus

• Atrophy - Socialized Hate

• Darkness - Defenders of Justice

• Total voters
Creme de la Creme? Sorry bud, but an album being a platinum seller does not necessarily constitute "great". If so then every Plat album by any artist or band would be considered "great" in terms of quality when really it is just radio friendly and commercial. Creme de La Creme of Metallica albums would definetly be their first 3 and in particular the 2nd and 3rd albums... those 3 albums were done without the radio, MTV and other media outlets in mind and stayed true to their thrash roots and influences... When i started hearing One on top 40 radio during that time i knew it was the beginning of the end and the Black album confirmed that... if you think that is CDLC of Metallica then it seems like you yourself much like Phagist has not heard much thrash...

AJFA is the least accessible album Metallica has released, so I don't know why you're hinting that they seeked to please the mainstream audience with AJFA all of a sudden. Yes they did get a bigger audience with AJFA, but that was due to having a video up at MTV, not because they supposedly sold out or made music they didn't like themselves.

People saying that KEA or RTL are the best thrash albums of their respective years have a better case than people saying And Justice For Fucking All is the best thrash album of '88

AJFA is the least accessible album Metallica has released, so I don't know why you're hinting that they seeked to please the mainstream audience with AJFA all of a sudden. Yes they did get a bigger audience with AJFA, but that was due to having a video up at MTV, not because they supposedly sold out or made music they didn't like themselves.
Least accessible album? Are you fuckin kidding me? It doesn't even come close to the heaviness and least accessibleness of the first 3 albums... their audience got bigger and bigger with each album up to the AJFA because they became less and less heavier or extreme... and then the Black album confirmed that.... Least accessible :lol:

Least accessible album? Are you fuckin kidding me? It doesn't even come close to the heaviness and least accessibleness of the first 3 albums... their audience got bigger and bigger with each album up to the AJFA because they became less and less heavier or extreme... and then the Black album confirmed that.... Least accessible :lol:

What are you talking about? The first three albums are certainly much more catchy and straightforward than AJFA, anyone who's ever listened to these records should know that. But maybe you live in an opposite world where more riffs and rythm changes per song, less melodies, longer songs and more intricate songwriting in general means that music becomes more accessible.

What are you talking about? The first three albums are certainly much more catchy and straightforward than AJFA, anyone who's ever listened to these records should know that. But maybe you live in an opposite world where more riffs and rythm changes per song, less melodies, longer songs and more intricate songwriting in general means that music becomes more accessible.
More catchy then AFJA? Let me get this straight... your saying that Whiplash,Fight Fire with Fire, and Damage Inc. to use as examples is more accessible, more catchy and such then the songs on AJFA to the general public?... please tell us your wisdom on this... if anything AJFA became more straight forward and less complex then RTL and MOP...

Kirk started going back to basics pentatonic playing vs modal playing...

Lars was never a complex drummer...

James Rhythm was always a mix of complex and simplicity

and Jason's bass.. don't get us started on that...

They were definetly more intricate, complex, powerful on RTL and MOP...

Oh ok, thanks for giving me an example of a thrash song that is better so that I actually believe you.
the whole RTL album and most of the MOP album alone is better then Blackened.. how about songs from the Rust in Peace album? should i continue?

Btw don't get your panties in a bunch about the colts comment... i'm a colts fan as well.. was jk with ya...

the whole RTL album and most of the MOP album alone is better then Blackened.. how about songs from the Rust in Peace album? should i continue?

Btw don't get your panties in a bunch about the colts comment... i'm a colts fan as well.. was jk with ya...

I wasn't getting angry about the Colts comment because I know you're wrong anyways. They're going to win the Super Bowl and that's that.

Also, RTL as an album is great, no doubt about it. But none of the songs on that album are as good as Blackened. The intensity of that song is almost overwhelming.

this one comes to mind though there are others better then Blackened as well that I am sure the UM crew can name for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

Oh hell fuck no, Blackened is light years ahead of Holy Wars in awesomeness. wtf?