Black metal question

~blondie~ said:
well whou do u suggest the metal so be based around? satan is as low as u can get in christians' eyes...so fuck it...lets piss em off more and base music around it. u basically answered u own fuckin question in ur question. Black metal is against christianity i mean u said it urself..what more do u need? and about that christian figure....he isnt just a christian figure..he is know through many religions..fucktard...:devil:

:Smug:
:puke:

if a someone believes in god and believes in satan but likes god more that makes them a christian. if someone believes in god and believes in satan and likes satan, they are a satanist. there is nothing remotely hypocritical about satanism.

people who believe in neither will look at satan as a christian "creation", but that's hardly the opinion of the believers, and they're the ones whose opinion matters.

also

most people who play in BM bands nowadays are fuckoff poser kids who don't get it anyway, so if they mix satanism and paganism it hardly represents some sort of great ideological paradox. it's just some stupid fucking children who think they're cool and don't understand what they're saying.

this is not hard to understand.

sinagain said:
Hey, im just wondering why black metallers associate themselves with satanism.. Because satan is a figure of christian mythology and black metal is about trying to go back to norse roots. Black metal is against christianity so why base there whole image around a christian figure? Why not worship odin or someone?

I think mate because Satan is the archetypal opponent, that is to say that he is the adversary, symbolic of a stand against societal norms and the judgemental, martydom-centric religion of repression and dogmatic ignorance that characterises negative aspects of Christianity.

Satan is a Christian figure in so much as he is part of their belief system; but since Miltons time (and probably much before), has also been represented as an ant-hero of sorts. Let's face it, we all liked the angry bastard with the racing car off G-Force / Battle of the Planets more than the goody-two shoes didn't we?

Plus, he makes hella-good T-Shirt designs.

To be honest, answers like by those first guys who started to flame this thread's author sound just like delirium...
Whats wrong with the wish of the person to know more about this stuff?... I'd like to know about black metal more too.
And I dont agree with the opinion - that if black metal sounds cool - thats all that needs to be known. Bullshit! Fuck this conformism. And even if he will read this information he needs on some other sites or somewhere else, - maybe he needs to ask what ppl think about it.

Damn, if you dont feel like talking about it all or give any explanation - shut the fuck up and keep going by. You act like morons, who show that their shallow mind is only enough to flame but not to think or bother to say something, that could show that at least you've used your brains service today.
The easiest way is just to say "fuck you", no - fuck you!
And what makes me mad the most - is that those ppl will say then "shit! you dunno a thing about black metal! who are you to discuss it?".

Poor guy, looks like he didn't take it well though.

Carcassian is right, much rebellion is centred about the very anti-thesis of what is widely considered good and proper. BM is not so different and now the satanic motif is not as popular as it once was due to the fact that a lot of people now don't really give a shit about religion.

Apparently in Japan BM is not really considered evil at all, except for the bits where people get wasted, as they consider jesus and satan equally ridiculous, their major religion worships ancestral spirits.

Ant-hero :lol: the typos are golden today.

Blodsmert said:
Ant-hero :lol: the typos are golden today.

bugslmp.jpg

~Neurotica said:
To be honest, answers like by those first guys who started to flame this thread's author sound just like delirium...
Whats wrong with the wish of the person to know more about this stuff?... I'd like to know about black metal more too.
And I dont agree with the opinion - that if black metal sounds cool - thats all that needs to be known. Bullshit! Fuck this conformism. And even if he will read this information he needs on some other sites or somewhere else, - maybe he needs to ask what ppl think about it.

Damn, if you dont feel like talking about it all or give any explanation - shut the fuck up and keep going by. You act like morons, who show that their shallow mind is only enough to flame but not to think or bother to say something, that could show that at least you've used your brains service today.
The easiest way is just to say "fuck you", no - fuck you!
And what makes me mad the most - is that those ppl will say then "shit! you dunno a thing about black metal! who are you to discuss it?".

I think that's the sort of thing I was trying to say last night. :)

I get the feeling satanism is created by christianity as a way to make people believe by using fear. Plain a is not always going to work so if it fails why not have plan b.

Since christianity is so big instead of ignoring it why not defy it since no one can win anyways. Either you become a christian or go to hell.

Christians want a rise whether it be good or bad because the religion thrives off people and the media. Christians want to pray for everyone to feel sense of worth and gain to achive unatural happiness, and self worth instead of actually making a different pysically using fantasy. What would most christians do all sunday without church and god, how would they feel without a god in this world.

Feeling bad for others or thinking others and everything is wrong all the time is not going to help anyone. All sunday morning when at church you could be doing something important if you want to be important.

Well, first off, satan is worshipped as an icon, not a god, so it wouldn't technically contradict the beleifs in pagan gods. Satanism is basically anti-christianity. Go ahead, sin away, because christianity sucks, ect. So, pagan gods can stand for the same or similar things. Satanists would say that christianity was a mistake. Going back to norse roots would help correct that mistake. Sort of get what I'm saying?

The Greys said:
I get the feeling satanism is created by christianity as a way to make people believe by using fear. Plain a is not always going to work so if it fails why not have plan b.

Since christianity is so big instead of ignoring it why not defy it since no one can win anyways. Either you become a christian or go to hell.

Christians want a rise whether it be good or bad because the religion thrives off people and the media. Christians want to pray for everyone to feel sense of worth and gain to achive unatural happiness, and self worth instead of actually making a different pysically using fantasy. What would most christians do all sunday without church and god, how would they feel without a god in this world.

Feeling bad for others or thinking others and everything is wrong all the time is not going to help anyone. All sunday morning when at church you could be doing something important if you want to be important.

:)

thanks for the people who stuck up for me. its not my fault i dont know much about black metal i dont really care that much about it. emo is way way better than black metal can ever be

sinagain said:
thanks for the people who stuck up for me. its not my fault i dont know much about black metal i dont really care that much about it. emo is way way better than black metal can ever be

*cough* That last sentence was more than a small mistake.

I won't bash you for liking emo, as long as you're only into the music, not the fashioon/culture. As long as you're in it for the music, not to be 'cool' or whatever, I don't really care.

Good emo aint as bad as 'music' made by corporate employees.

EDIT: that last bit wasn't refering to the music so much as the stuff behind the music.

sinagain said:

WHEW! :lol: Oh man even Ender thinks you're an idiot...