Black metal question

anonymouswierdo said:
Why is he a "fucking idiot"?
in answer to this, i post quotes from 'sinagain'
'Fuck you draconain, fuck you VadimVon. Eat a dick you fags, go die yeah?'
they then added
'emo is way way better than black metal can ever be'

it really does say it all.

besides that, satanism is infact a religion in its own right, satan was not a -idea- concocted by christanity, its was merely a name given to a figure that has existed in various tales and religious writings/mythology for a tremendously long time.

satanism on the whole is more of a biproduct of many ideas which adopted a name from the one of the most well known religions of this world.

so personally, i wouldnt say it is completely hypocrytical unless looked apon with ignortant eyes.

its not actually very complicated, even if it does seem it at first.
*nods*

-e
xx

suns_recline said:
in answer to this, i post quotes from 'sinagain'
'Fuck you draconain, fuck you VadimVon. Eat a dick you fags, go die yeah?'
they then added
'emo is way way better than black metal can ever be'

it really does say it all.

I think I asked that BEFORE he made the mistake of saying he like emo. I was asking when people didn't have that proof, when they were just leaping in and flaming the bloke for asking a question.

suns_recline said:
besides that, satanism is infact a religion in its own right, satan was not a -idea- concocted by christanity, its was merely a name given to a figure that has existed in various tales and religious writings/mythology for a tremendously long time.

satanism on the whole is more of a biproduct of many ideas which adopted a name from the one of the most well known religions of this world.

so personally, i wouldnt say it is completely hypocrytical unless looked apon with ignortant eyes.

its not actually very complicated, even if it does seem it at first.
*nods*

-e
xx

Replies like that are good, they provide something to discuss.

anonymouswierdo said:
I think I asked that BEFORE he made the mistake of saying he like emo. I was asking when people didn't have that proof, when they were just leaping in and flaming the bloke for asking a question.

Replies like that are good, they provide something to discuss.

there was a huge mistake made by saying he likes emo...i mean WTF? its like the worse music ever!!! :zombie:

~blondie~ said:
there was a huge mistake made by saying he likes emo...i mean WTF? its like the worse music ever!!! :zombie:

Whether it is good or not isn't what is important, its the opinion the people in these forums have. I'm reasonably sure that emo, to them, is just a load of rich kids whining and cutting themselves. Which I'm fairly sure (**DISCLAIMER** I don't know much about emo, so I'm probably wrong in some way or another**/DISCLAIMER**) is similiar to saying metal is just a long-haired blokes screaming/shouting/whatever and worshiping satan. Yeah, some of the people around metal do that, but they usually don't actually know anything about what metal really IS.

Anyway, some tolerance would be good, though this particular bloke might not deserve it. But, please, tolerate people untill they prove themselves unworthy.

[/rambling]

I think I need more sleep.

anonymouswierdo said:
Anyway, some tolerance would be good, though this particular bloke might not deserve it. But, please, tolerate people untill they prove themselves unworthy.
Most people that gets flamed proved themselves unworthy in their first post? :)

sinagain said:
Hey, im just wondering why black metallers associate themselves with satanism.. Because satan is a figure of christian mythology and black metal is about trying to go back to norse roots. Black metal is against christianity so why base there whole image around a christian figure? Why not worship odin or someone?

The answer, of course, is that most people involved in black metal are damn near retarded. They couldn't think their way out of a cardboard box.

"Hey Satanstorm 666, is this the exit?"

"No Christcrusher 666, of course not, it is the opposite, like our belief system is the opposite of Christianity! EVIL!!!"

It's fucking ridiculous. Satanism isn't the opposite of Christianity and all it does is confirm Christianity as worthwhile.

LuminousAether said:
The answer, of course, is that most people involved in black metal are damn near retarded. They couldn't think their way out of a cardboard box.

"Hey Satanstorm 666, is this the exit?"

"No Christcrusher 666, of course not, it is the opposite, like our belief system is the opposite of Christianity! EVIL!!!"

It's fucking ridiculous. Satanism isn't the opposite of Christianity and all it does is confirm Christianity as worthwhile.

what the fuck are u talkin about? damn near retarded?? :lol: i think u have black metal and emo confused....and how does it confirm christianty as worthwhile? satan just isnt a fuckin christan figure dumbass, he is found in a few religions....

~blondie~ said:
what the fuck are u talkin about? damn near retarded?? :lol: i think u have black metal and emo confused....and how does it confirm christianty as worthwhile? satan just isnt a fuckin christan figure dumbass, he is found in a few religions....
Satan is only found in Judeo-Christian religions (i.e. Judaism, Christianity, Islam), however, most religions contain an "ultimate evil character" that opposes the "ultimate good character".

anonymouswierdo said:
I'm reasonably sure that emo, to them, is just a load of rich kids whining and cutting themselves. Which I'm fairly sure (**DISCLAIMER** I don't know much about emo, so I'm probably wrong in some way or another**/DISCLAIMER**) is similiar to saying metal is just a long-haired blokes screaming/shouting/whatever and worshiping satan.
Exactly. Most bands that are actual emo (Embrace, Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate) either speak out against things like cutting or just don't talk about it at all.

Nor do they whine about how their girlfriend left them. Actually most emo bands have really abstract lyrics.

Of course, the bands that most people on these boards think are emo do whine about such things. Hawthorne Heights and all that.

Impudent said:
Satan is only found in Judeo-Christian religions (i.e. Judaism, Christianity, Islam), however, most religions contain an "ultimate evil character" that opposes the "ultimate good character".

No they don't. Hinduism doesn't. Buddhism doesn't, etc. And besides even in Christianity Satan is not considered an ultimate evil character, merely the most evil character.