Black metal question

Thoth-Amon said:
No they don't. Hinduism doesn't. Buddhism doesn't, etc. And besides even in Christianity Satan is not considered an ultimate evil character, merely the most evil character.

You don't know the Buddhist Satan?

He's really thin and grumpy, but he got beaten up by Monkey and Tripitaka.:heh:

Thoth-Amon said:
No they don't. Hinduism doesn't. Buddhism doesn't, etc. And besides even in Christianity Satan is not considered an ultimate evil character, merely the most evil character.
Hence, "most religions", not "all religions".

Judging musicians by intelligence is actually pretty retarded.

People who call themselves 'satanists' are very often not stupid people. I believe the origin of the word 'satan' is 'one who stands in opposition' or something like that. Satanists do not worship some kind of Christian deity, they don't worship anything, they simply adopt the imagery and mythology of the Christian Satan, in a somewhat ironic and tongue-in-cheek way, as an act of provocation, in order to assume a stance of opposition to belief systems that they see as hypocritical and delusional.

It's not an esoteric belief system, but is closer to a kind of radical humanism, where extreme imagery is used in a lighthearted way in order to shock and provoke.

Satanists do not 'worship' Satan, they do not believe in deities.

kendoji said:
People who call themselves 'satanists' are very often not stupid people. I believe the origin of the word 'satan' is 'one who stands in opposition' or something like that. Satanists do not worship some kind of Christian deity, they don't worship anything, they simply adopt the imagery and mythology of the Christian Satan, in a somewhat ironic and tongue-in-cheek way, as an act of provocation, in order to assume a stance of opposition to belief systems that they see as hypocritical and delusional.

It's not an esoteric belief system, but is closer to a kind of radical humanism, where extreme imagery is used in a lighthearted way in order to shock and provoke.

Thank you for explaining that, I didn't feel like doing it, though there are some cases in which people actually believe in the devil and worship it and all that, but it is very rare.

kendoji said:

*Takes notes

Impudent said:
Thank you for explaining that, I didn't feel like doing it, though there are some cases in which people actually believe in the devil and worship it and all that, but it is very rare.

That's true, but those people are idiots. :loco:

kendoji said:

*stands and nods head* o_O

Teh Grimarse said:
why are they idiots? for believing in what they choose to believe in? for believing something different from you?

you're an idiot.

I think it's a mistake to take 'tolerance' to a level where all beliefs are seen as equally valid. We could then say the same about the Nazi ideology, or any other inane belief system.

The fact is that all beliefs are limited and subjective by their very nature, but at the same time, within subjective bounds of judgement, some beliefs are clearly more valid than others. Personally, I do indeed think that someone who worships a deity called Satan, because he read about in the Bible's Book of Revelations, and sacrifices chickens in the moonlight, is an idiot. That's just my opinion, but I'm sure that most people who call themselves Satanists would agree with me.

Teh Grimarse said:
all opinions and beliefs which are not arbitrary or willfully ignorant are to be considered equally valid.
whoa..thats like some words of wisdom there...o_O

satan.jpg

satan and satanism is the image the church gave of paganism, thus been a satanist, is kinda doing what church said about pagans, wich was a lie, do i explain myself?

In summarry: church invented satanism to symbolize the pagans, but pagans were much better than that shit.