Black metal question

felipemomo said:
satan and satanism is the image the church gave of paganism, thus been a satanist, is kinda doing what church said about pagans, wich was a lie, do i explain myself?

In summarry: church invented satanism to symbolize the pagans, but pagans were much better than that shit.

As read on the side of a packet of crackers.

felipemomo said:
satan and satanism is the image the church gave of paganism, thus been a satanist, is kinda doing what church said about pagans, wich was a lie, do i explain myself?

In summarry: church invented satanism to symbolize the pagans, but pagans were much better than that shit.
That's false Satanism, related to the witch trials/burnings and all that. It was created by the church but it wasn't just for pagans, though pagans were probably accused of being Satanists as well. Anyone strange would be accused of being a witch and a devil worshipper. They were said to have attended the Black Masses and all that. I read about it in a book. I think this was referred to as "gothic Satanism", but don't quote me on that.

Writing about Satan in general isn't original, but it can be creative if done properly. Writing about specifications about Satan, Hell, and other things related to the subject have the possibilities to be creative... once again, if doen properly. Nobody seems to know how to do it creatively though.

Everything has been done too many times before, everything is cliche at the very base. It is just execution that can prevent something from seeming overused.

I mean, compare Deicide to Deathspell Omega and tell me which one seems more cliche.

Yes but.. Satan, Jesus, Heaven, Hell? Come on.. that's even more overdone than most things (no, not love).

However, you're right, when it's done well it's still intruiging.

Agreed. The lyrics to Damnation and a Day were corkers, for the most part. He's one of my favourite lyricists, aside from Jeff Walker and Martin Walkyier.

Carcassian said:
Agreed. The lyrics to Damnation and a Day were corkers, for the most part. He's one of my favourite lyricists, aside from Jeff Walker and Martin Walkyier.
That album sucked though. Cruelty was WAY better.

Don't know if it's been said, but it must be for the record

Christian Satanism and LaVeyan Satanism are not the same thing. LaVey's version has nothing to do with satan as a diety, more as a philosophical figure

Ex-cally-boo said:
Everything has been done too many times before, everything is cliche at the very base. It is just execution that can prevent something from seeming overused.

I mean, compare Deicide to Deathspell Omega and tell me which one seems more cliche.

Deathspell Omega?

Blinded By Blood said:
Don't know if it's been said, but it must be for the record

Christian Satanism and LaVeyan Satanism are not the same thing. LaVey's version has nothing to do with satan as a diety, more as a philosophical figure

:headbang: Thank you for clearing this up. I hate it when I'm like "Yes, Satanism has some intressting philosophical points" and people are all like "YOU DEVIL WORSHIPER"... I am far from that... :erk:

Ex-cally-boo said:
French Black metal band, their latest album Si Monumentum, Requires Circumspice and their EP Kenose are amazing and should be checked out :)

No, i was answering you.