Black Metal.

264136.jpg

Ov Hell - 2010 - The Underworld Regime

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540300157
http://www.myspace.com/ovhell

Line Up:
Shagrath (Stian Tomt Thoresen) - Vocals (Dimmu Borgir, Starkness, Fimbulwinter, Chrome Division, Ragnarok (Nor))
King (Tom Cato Visnes) - Bass (Sahg, Jotunspor, I, Audrey Horne, Clububba, Gorgoroth, God Seed)
Studio members:
Teloch - Guitars (1349, Orcustus, Nidingr, Umoral, NunFuckRitual, Condenado, The Konsortium, Gorgoroth)
Ice Dale (Arve Isdal) - Guitars (Trinacria, Malignant Eternal, Audrey Horne, I, God Seed, Bourbon Flame, Enslaved (Nor))
Frost (Kjetil Vidar Haraldstad) - Drums (Zyklon-B (Nor), Keep of Kalessin, Gorgoroth, Gehenna (Nor), Satyricon, 1349)

"Ov Hell" was started by Shagrath and King in October 2009 following the seclusion of "God Seed" in July 2009 when Gaahl announced his retirement.

OV HELL, the new black metal project featuring DIMMU BORGIR vocalist Shagrath and ex-GORGOROTH bassist King, has completed work on its debut album, "The Underworld Regime", for a February 2010 release via Indie Recordings. The CD was recorded at Earshot Studio and features Shagrath on vocals, King on bass, Frost (SATYRICON) on drums, Ice Dale (ENSLAVED) on guitar and Teloch (NIDINGR, GOD SEED) on guitar. The album was produced by Herbrand Larsen and mastered at the Livingroom studios by Espen Berg and Shagrath in November 2009. King composed all of the music for "The Underworld Regime", while Shagrath wrote all lyrics, with contributions from Silenoz and Sarah Owens.

Awesome fucking album!! with an All-Star line up.

I like Lifelover. Konkurs is really good. I'm not sure where all the hate comes from.

Me either. Lifelover fucking kick ass.

Infernal War :kickass:
brutal as fuck!

:kickass:

Weltanschauung was a great album, but is this new release more black metal than the aforementioned?

The new one is, as Zeph mentioned, a logical progression from Weltanschauung. The ideology is still very much Varggoth's brand of black metal, but it takes things to a larger level. The new album is very layered and vast in its composition and sound. There's a lot to take in. It is however, excellent.

That Ov Hell "The Underworld Regime" album is better then expected to tell the truth. Still, you`ve heard most of it before in other BM albums.

Immortal...No, I ment Ov Hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weltanschauung was a great album, but is this new release more black metal than the aforementioned?

The new one is, as Zeph mentioned, a logical progression from Weltanschauung. The ideology is still very much Varggoth's brand of black metal, but it takes things to a larger level. The new album is very layered and vast in its composition and sound. There's a lot to take in. It is however, excellent.

I agree with everything Hubster says; but I'll also add that it's definitely not "more black metal" than Weltanschauung.

Yeah they hate Jews. And coloured people (e.g. like me), and race mixing etc etc.

I had moral conflictions when I first bought Burzum CD's, even more so because Cymophane Productions were releasing them, but in the end I thought fuck it, I'm after art, and art is often morally 'unstable', and such is the price of more extreme expression.

I've mentioned this before, but you can actually find Burzum albums in Israel. I guess Varg's renown overrides moral code, or maybe it's because the lyrical content of his albums is not imbued with social-nationalistic ideology, per se.

That should come as no surprise to an Israeli native, though. The news were once littered with mention of taxi drivers bribed to deliver terrorists to a designated location. People will do everything here for a quick buck, or a sheqel, in this case.

Burzum is great, but when it comes to art who wouldn't feel morally torn when you come from a christian family and have recently fallen for MUTIILATION (france)
?

Well overall it is just art and at this point in time I feel habitualy obligated to shift the discussion towards this undergound gem. Is it just me or do the french really know how to make good black metal? *sigh* too bad they broke up just recently.

Mutiilation is just my frist epxerience with the LLN but I'm hearing a lot of good things about VLAD TEPES.

Not to mention hard to find, I heard of I think it was Black Imperial Blood selling (on ebay maybe?) for about 1k.

So far I've heard; black imperial, remains of a ruined..., and ceremony of the black cult.