Black Metal.

May Result and Scheitan would be the two best overall albums in general. Some uploads like the Symbel, while a cool song and rare find, the album overall isn't worth seeking out IMO.

Damn, Dodens, where have you been?

Yes, RITAOS is the better than TFS.

Dream Sleep Sorcery and Mirror Gazing for the fucking win :kickass:

Wow, didn't know there's quite a bit of Night Conquers Day followers here. Yeah, RITAOS is fucking GODLIKE. Not to get off the subject, but did anyone here get the chance to listen to the new Twilight record? Better than the first record, IMO.

Really enjoying Prevalent Resistance right now. They aren't really doing anything new or different, but sometimes it's nice to find a band that cuts out the bullshit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzvoht9-QM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzvoht9-QM&feature=related[/ame]

Swedes aren't allowed to play black metal or something?

The Swedish black metal sound is starting to get really repetitive. Its main priority is speed, when most prevailing scenes are focusing on atmosphere and texture. Of course, Sacramentum, Dawn, Dissection, and the like will always be classics, but their sound is, in my opinion, played out.

There are exceptions with Swedish black metal bands. Arckanum, for example, makes fantastic modern-sounding black metal.

Wow, didn't know there's quite a bit of Night Conquers Day followers here. Yeah, RITAOS is fucking GODLIKE. Not to get off the subject, but did anyone here get the chance to listen to the new Twilight record? Better than the first record, IMO.

Pretty much anything Mikael Bayusik does is godlike. I haven't heard a single song from any of his projects that I haven't loved.

Anyone likes Ocultan? They're from Sao Paulo, some of their material sounds good. A lot of lyrics in portuguese, extremely satanic / blaspheme. They are Quimbanda followers (an african rooted religions which praises dark spirits and the unholy One).

The Swedish black metal sound is starting to get really repetitive. Its main priority is speed, when most prevailing scenes are focusing on atmosphere and texture. Of course, Sacramentum, Dawn, Dissection, and the like will always be classics, but their sound is, in my opinion, played out.
Fair enough, but for the record that Scheitan came out shortly after Storm Of The Lights Bane. It's almost 15 years old now, a few years older than the average Ultimate Metal poster. It's not new by any means, nor are the rest of those bands/songs.

Anyone else into Love Lies Bleeding? I've been listening to thier latest a lot and at parts its almost like a melodic black metal version of Neo Inferno 262.

For the hate of satan, please do

Listening to RITAOS right now, amazing as usual. Seriously, are there any bands that are similar to them?

Going to again recommend De Magia Veterum. The following song is the best on the album, but it should give you a good idea of what to expect. Chaotic structures, but highly melodic. The ending is terrific.

I've been buying so much stuff at cheap discounts at Metal Haven lately that I'm horribly backlogged, but that album has been getting tons of plays.

Last edited by a moderator: