Black Metal.

:lol: Just came back from listening to that on their myspace after seeing your post in the albums thread. The riff at 0:40 is devastating, awesome band though the vox could be a bit less phlegmy and more screamy. :p

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the vocalist from The Axis of Perdition is doing vocals on the new Void of Silence album since Nemtheanga backed out of it

Can anyone sum up one or both of these two releases for me?

Averse Sefira - Homecoming's March
The Ruins of Beverast - Furious Waves of Damnation

A Forest of Stars has a song from their forthcoming album 'Opportunistic Thieves of Spring' on their myspace, song is called 'Raven's Eye View.' Not sure how I feel about it yet, doesn't seem like they've strayed far from their first full length though.

indeed

in the mean time...A Forest of Stars new song...I shall listen

edit: vocals seem a bit better produced and fuller than the previous record. sounds like A Forest of Stars. from the one track it sounds like they haven't strayed off more into any of the other areas comprising their sound (they didn't get weirder or anything). I like it of course

I don't know if any of you know Sad Legend - an ultra-melodic and slow symphonic black metal band from Korea (It's not as gay as it sounds...)

They have recently released a new album after an 8 years break. It's still melodic synth black but performed in an extremely avantgardistic way. I cannot compare their music with anything else... The synth is extremely oldschool and I think this is on purpose. And the choirs are hilarious yet catchy in some strange kind of way. Pretentious music - no doubt about it! But first listens have been great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, i've heard their s/t album and their EP. But if i'm not mistaken, the album you mentioned was released last year.

I started listening to some black metal internet radio lately, and I think with its help I will be BM-ing it more often than once a month or two.

1349 has stood out the most so far from what I don't know. That's some pretty sick shit!

1349 isn't much of a standout, but that's good to hear man. There is much cooler stuff than 1349, so I hope you discover it soon! Let us know about your journeys into the depths of blackness!