Black Metal.

So if it doesn't do anything new, it's automatically shit?

No, but it's not exactly a point in their favor, and there are other reasons I think it's shit which I already mentioned.

Also what's wrong with shorthairs?

Nothing, really. I have a shaved head, in fact.

Alestorm and Finntroll attract a lot of longhairs but they are kind of shit.

Nothing I said implied that those bands wouldn't be shit.

I'd have to agree, there are only a handful of contemporary black metal bands that can hold my attention. Hail, Faustcoven, Weapon, Front Beast, Negative Plain and that's about it. Sacriphyx too, though they're not strictly black metal, but that Stargazer split is simply (un)godly.

Man that Sacriphyx/Stargazer album is unbelieveably awesome,the 'Lone Pine' 7" is also AMAZING :worship:

Well, as expected I am not impressed by any of the Black Twilight stuff I've listened to so far. Everything I've heard so far is directionless and tends to employ cheap ways of conjuring "atmosphere" such as slow, meandering guitar soloing with the reverb on 10. Seriously, half these ideas have already been done by Blut aus Nord. The rest of the ideas these bands utilize seem to be applications of already existing black metal tropes without doing anything new with them besides throwing them together into a big directionless, incoherent pile of nothing.

I looked up Ashdautas on youtube and found a live video of the band. Before I even started watching I thought to myself "There are going to be tons of shorthairs in that crowd." Turns out I was right, which is not surprising. This is the sort of stuff that appeals to the sensibilities of the indie fag/hipster crowd.

So what name do you post under at ANUS?

Volahn so far is the only band I like from the Black Twilight Circle. It sounds kinda like Nattens Madrigal with an influence from modern "brutal" black metal bands, etc.

I prefer Volahn most, but depending on what Kuxan Suum or whatever its called that might change. I really like the Axeman track on the comp but I didn't like the EP much.

I started listening to black metal around the same time I started listening to death metal, which is about three years ago. Lately I have been listening to a lot more of it.

Has anyone checked out Karpathia? I bought their full length last year & never gave it a fair chance. Just brought it back out & am enjoying it a good bit. Pretty good sympho stuff.

I'm looking for a couple of what I assume are rather rare Mayhem releases, on vinyl. I'm looking for the The Dawn of the Black Hearts and Out from the Dark. I know The Dawn of the Black Hearts is a bootleg, so there have been numerous releases over the years. But there are currently none listed on ebay, and I've tried the ebay global search.

I also know that Out from the Dark was released on picture disc, but is there any standard vinyl version of it? As picture discs aren't really the best for actually playing, they are more for display and the quality is usually pretty terrible compared to standard vinyl. Again, I've found nothing on ebay, and again, with an ebay global search I found nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out locating these releases?

Thanks.

I neither have nor know where to get it, but Out From The Dark... thats the instrumental De Mysteriis demos, right?

I neither have nor know where to get it, but Out From The Dark... thats the instrumental De Mysteriis demos, right?

No, it's rehearsals from early 1991 featuring Dead on vocals, the last record to feature Dead, it's got them rehearsing stuff from Deathcrush and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas prior to it being recorded.

Cool shit. Only assumed cause I saw De Mysteriis rehearsals/demos on Jewtube... I remember the title track vividly but can't remember whether or not it was instrumental. :S