Black Metal.

Really? I'm shocked - I thought you'd be right into it.

A good afternoon's listening of Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" followed by Darkthrone's "Panzerfaust" and you can't go wrong.

Isengard is awesome. :)

And of course, Darkthrone. Lately I've been wanting to revisit Darkthrone's mid-career material. A long time ago, when I listened to them I wasn't too fond of this era and essentially wrote these albums off not giving them much of a chance. I think nowadays if I was to re-listen to them I'd appreciate them more. I'm mostly talking about from Ravishing Grimness to Sardonic Wrath.

Isengard is most definitely awesome :)
The song "Dark Lord of Gorgoroth" is definitive Fenriz to me.

As for Darkthrone, I find myself listening to the first four the very least actually. It's the mid to later periods which I love, especially because of Culto's vocals, which to me are rarely matched for ferocity in Black Metal.

Isengard is awesome. :)

And of course, Darkthrone. Lately I've been wanting to revisit Darkthrone's mid-career material. A long time ago, when I listened to them I wasn't too fond of this era and essentially wrote these albums off not giving them much of a chance. I think nowadays if I was to re-listen to them I'd appreciate them more. I'm mostly talking about from Ravishing Grimness to Sardonic Wrath.

Ravishing Grimness is an awesome album as are some of the others. I don't know why they are so overlooked.

A+Wintersunset.jpg

It's Empyrium - A Winter Sunset

I listened to Paracletus the other day and initially, I wasn't that impressed with it. But today on my way to work I listened to a few of the songs again, and it definitely sounded better the second time around. I'll have to give it a proper listen this weekend.

I listened to Paracletus the other day and initially, I wasn't that impressed with it. But today on my way to work I listened to a few of the songs again, and it definitely sounded better the second time around. I'll have to give it a proper listen this weekend.

This is where I stand too. Still working my way through it. I wasn't a fan of Fas.