Black Metal.

I learned the other day that "Petrichor" (and Petrychor, by proxy) is defined as the scent of rain on dry earth. If that's not the most beautiful word I've ever heard, I'll eat my hat.

I learned the other day that "Petrichor" (and Petrychor, by proxy) is defined as the scent of rain on dry earth. If that's not the most beautiful word I've ever heard, I'll eat my hat.

:err: I learned this the other day aswell.

There is enough variety that falls loosely under the "black metal" umbrella that I'd think almost anyone who likes metal/has an open mind to metal would find something to like...

Just want to point out that people often subconsciously ascribe (non-semantic) beauty to a word that has a beautiful meaning, regardless of how it actually sounds or spells out (not saying that that has to be the case here, but just a fun thought). In my opinion "shit" is a more beautiful word than "love", when strictly looking at the sound of it.

Feeling the scent of rain on dry earth is a wonderful sensation.

Just want to point out that people often subconsciously ascribe (non-semantic) beauty to a word that has a beautiful meaning, regardless of how it actually sounds or spells out (not saying that that has to be the case here, but just a fun thought). In my opinion "shit" is a more beautiful word than "love", when strictly looking at the sound of it.

Feeling the scent of rain on dry earth is a wonderful sensation.

"shit" doesn't sound that acoustically beautiful to me since it ends on a plosive. Moreover imo meaning is vastly more important than the acoustic sound of a word, at least in regards to any language that you're already fluent in

I will never be able to separate the word "petrichor" from the music by the band Petrychor (which happens to sound EXACTLY like the scent of rain on dry earth!), but that is fun to think about. However I happen to agree with Kreated, if you are fluent in/quite proficient in X language, the meanings cannot be separated from the words themselves.

edit: Speak of the devil, walking to work this morning was petrichor-tastic. Smelled great. I rather regret not sync-ing the experience to Petrychor.

I will never be able to separate the word "petrichor" from the music by the band Petrychor (which happens to sound EXACTLY like the scent of rain on dry earth!)

edit: Speak of the devil, walking to work this morning was petrichor-tastic. Smelled great. I rather regret not sync-ing the experience to Petrychor.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31EnWfOiUA&feature=related[/ame]

lol