Black Metal.

Ew, DsO lol

Holy fuck with the new Craft album. I went to the local record store in the area and saw the Craft - Void and the new Taake album and decided to pick up the Craft album. There is one riff in the album that sounds like it was ripped straight from Gorgoroth's Pentagram/Antichrist days. The whole album has this "rockish" sound to it, but it works exceptionally well. It sounds like a better Watain basically. A lot fucking better. And the song "I Want to Commit Murder" is fucking violent.

Anyone else hear this fucker yet?

Ew, DsO lol

Holy fuck with the new Craft album. I went to the local record store in the area and saw the Craft - Void and the new Taake album and decided to pick up the Craft album. There is one riff in the album that sounds like it was ripped straight from Gorgoroth's Pentagram/Antichrist days. The whole album has this "rockish" sound to it, but it works exceptionally well. It sounds like a better Watain basically. A lot fucking better. And the song "I Want to Commit Murder" is fucking violent.

Anyone else hear this fucker yet?

"I Want to Commit Murder" is fucking sick,this album sounds very good!

Has anyone heard the new Alcest yet? I think it's going to grow out to be his best album so far. Neige's that is.

Mgla on Crushing The Holy Trinity was my favorite from them. They're verging on overproduction now, but black metal is getting bassier in general these days. No one is trying to sound like Nattens Madrigal anymore. More bands need to sound shitty again. The Maledicere demos were my favorite raw black metal in the past few years, and then their album came out sounding kind of professional, and it lost the charm. Mgla is on the fence, but the riffs are so quality that I'm still going to enjoy it. Drudkh, on the other hand, is not a band that can really get away with a modern production anymore. If they're claiming they're going to their early sound, they'd better get a little raw again. This is something that bands that say they are going to their roots just about never do.

That Ulver album is one of the most compressed albums I have ever listened to! In my collection of about a thousand CDs, it may only be less compressed than the recent reissue of Bestial Summoning's The Dark War Has Begun, which has obviously been "remastered" from the original.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Falls Of Rauros are ridiculously fucking awesome. And yes I know, that's the second American Black Metal band I've praised in 6 months, will self-terminate soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the new Alcest is out.

Opinions?

Couldnt be more impressed. I was never happy with how short Ecailles De Lune was and how i only listened to the first two songs because the riffs in the others got a bit boring and repetative but the new album is amazing. It will be very hard to top i think.