Black Metal.

Going to Hellfest this year. What an insane lineup!

I'm going to see (somewhat prioritised)

Darkspace
Aosoth
Arcturus
Glorior Belli
King Diamond
Taake
Alcest
Shining
Winterfylleth
Solstafir
Anaal Nathrakh
Endstille
Ihsahn
Oranssi Pazuzu
Liturgy
Behemoth
Enslaved
Djerv
Nechros Christos
Celeste
Sunn))
Moonsorrow
Satyricon
Blood Red Throne
Pentagram
Year of No Light
Unexpect

Master_Yoda77 said:
It's official news. Give them time. Silenius and Protector have been busy with other projects and I read on the NWN forums that one of them had some health condition to worry about. I think it was Protector.

I am pretty sure that one of the members had a heart attack but he is doing a lot better now.

Loving the new Cauldron Black Ram stuff,this track is off their latest ep.Fuck I hope they have a new full length in the pipeline!! I've heard them described as the GBK of pirate metal and i'd say that's a very good description.I'm always amazed at the awesomeness of this incestuous group of aussie musos,I mean,CBR,Misery's Omen,Portal,Stargazer,Sacriphyx.These guys have a seemingly bottomless pit of great original ideas.

Cauldron Black Ram-The Poisoner
http://youtu.be/kz4-_aG_jW4

The best part about not being hugely into BM is that I can "discover" shit and it's all new to me. Lookin' at you there, 1349.

Moonsorrow puts on a hell of a show, goff. Enjoy it. They actually have their half-hour epics divided into chapters and they'll probably play a few chapters for you.

I've seen Moonsorrow a few times already. I think their 30 minutes epic is a bit boring compared to say; Pimeä, Raunioilla, Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.

Actually I've seen most of the bands live:

Darkspace - 0 times
Aosoth - 0 times
Arcturus- 1 time
Glorior Belli - 1 time
King Diamond - 2 times
Taake- 1 time
Alcest- 1 time
Shining- 2 times
Winterfylleth- 0 times
Solstafir- 3 times
Anaal Nathrakh- 0 times
Endstille- 3 times
Ihsahn- 0 times
Oranssi Pazuzu- 0 times
Liturgy- 0 times
Behemoth- 2 times
Enslaved- 7 times
Djerv- 0 times
Nechros Christos- 1 time
Celeste- 1 time
Sunn))- 0 times
Moonsorrow- 4 times
Satyricon- 5 times
Blood Red Throne- 0 times
Pentagram- 0 times
Year of No Light - 0 times
Unexpect- 0 times

Anyone excited for the new Burzum?
Seems quick but if I remember correctly all of Varg's pre-prison material was written in a very short span as well so maybe he isn't rushing it.

Hopefully this one will be a bit harsher than Fallen, but with Varg pushing 40 I think his days of making the harsh/cold black metal is over.

You never know. As he gets older, he could grow more bitter.

Anyway, need some suggestions. I'm REALLY on an "ultra-dense and chaotic" black metal tear. 1349's "Hellfire", Dark Funeral's "Diabolis Inferium" and things like that. No post-metal, no prog, no ambient bits, no keyboards. Just a wall of noise that crushes your lungs.

Darkspace even works along those lines, IMO, but I'm not looking to go QUITE that far in the noise direction.

Anyway, need some suggestions. I'm REALLY on an "ultra-dense and chaotic" black metal tear. 1349's "Hellfire", Dark Funeral's "Diabolis Inferium" and things like that. No post-metal, no prog, no ambient bits, no keyboards. Just a wall of noise that crushes your lungs.

You could try this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone excited for the new Burzum?
Seems quick but if I remember correctly all of Varg's pre-prison material was written in a very short span as well so maybe he isn't rushing it.

Yeah. If you exclude 4 instrumentals ("Når Himmelen Klarner", "Dominus Sathanas", "Channeling the Power of Souls into a New God", and "The Crying Orc"), the earliest track would be "Lost Wisdom", written in June 1991, and the latest, "Jesu Død", was written in February 1993. And Filosofem was recorded in March 1993.

You never know. As he gets older, he could grow more bitter.

Darkspace even works along those lines, IMO, but I'm not looking to go QUITE that far in the noise direction.

If you aren't already familiar with these bands, check out Antaeus, Funeral Mist, Marduk, War, Triumphator. Anaal Nathrakh is very chaotic, not specifically black metal, but they might appeal to you.