Black Metal.

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said so far about the new Lunar Aurora. I checked it out on youtube & it sounds amazing. Can't wait to get a physical copy.

DØDSENGEL - 'Imperator' Double CD Digibook (150 EPIC minutes!!!) (co-released with Terratur Possessions)

O.O

The new Mgla is great.

I can't fucking wait to get my copy.

Posted this yesterday on the Albums currently kicking your ass thread, recommend it to anyone into fast, hateful yet extremely well played Black Metal. Guys come from fucking Pennsylvania.

Pact-TheDragonLineageOfSatan.jpg

Pact is seriously the shit. I was shocked.

Also gotten into Ondskapt (good hateful black) and Ghast (for black/doom). If you're not familiar with Ghast, get on that shit.

Random observation: Xasthur's "Prison of Mirrors" remains the most daunting, crushing, and overall exhausting black metal track I've got in my collection.

What's the general opinion about Terra Tenebrosa in these parts?

Post Metal?
Black Metal?
Time for Hardcore Kids to Stop Playing Metal?

And also these guys. A lot of the folks round here in the scene dig it because Fall of Efrafa is popular in our area.

I've been addicted to this stuff. Too catchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually dig "blackgaze" or whatever you want to call it. Bands like Deafheaven and the like that blend post-rock with black metal. They aren't trying to be "trve kvlt", just blending some different aesthetics together and sometimes it comes out damn rad.

I dont really dig Deafheaven at all. Then again, I feel like they're just post metal, not really post black... and I get bored with that sludgey stuff quick.

So other than Dodecahedron and Pact, any 2012 black metal worth snap buying?

There are craftier bands than Deafheaven when it comes to that stuff. I was not too impressed by Roads to Judah.

My bootgaze band of choice would have to be Cold Body Radiation. The bass work is just tops and the atmospheres soar to snowcapped mountaintops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to find more in that vein if you've got any suggestions. No matter how many times I burn through the Xasthur catalog, as soon as I get to that track I stop what I'm doing and just let it wash over me.

I wonder if I'm a bad person for REALLY not being able to get into "black n roll". It just does nothing for me, and sounds more like a weird clash of styles than anything. Spinning a Dodsferd disc right now and the first track sounded more like regular ol' punk rock with out-of-place black screeches atop it.