Black Metal.

Has anyone else ever wondered what the fuck the Lunar Aurora epic 20 minute song "A Haudiga Fluag" translates to? Well, I think I might've figured it out. I remember reading somewhere that the song is in some sort of dialect or archaic form of German, which explains why you can't translate it on any site. So I just searched for some words similar to "Haudiga" and "Fluag" and found a plausible translation. Haudiga could be a form of Haudegen, which means "warhorse". And if you search "fluag" on this site, you'll find various words for "to fly" that are similar to 'fluag'. So basically I think the song title means "A Warhorse Flies" or "A Flying Warhorse," something to that effect. This sounds likely and black metally enough for me.

Anyway, I'm a Lunar Aurora fanboy whose excited over possibly translating one of his favorite Lunar Aurora songs that has so far been untranslatable.

^ Ugh, I've never even heard it. Gonna go try to find it on youtube.

Edit: Of course it's not there, only a snippet from it in a compilation someone made.

No, it is an absolute mess of a record. It is an in-cohesive and jumbled mess of ideas that are poorly put together.

I'd much rather listen to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
For any fans of Krallice, they quitely self released Years Past Matter. The band can be pretty hit or miss for me but I ended up picking up all four of their albums from their official site for $30.

Has anyone else ever wondered what the fuck the Lunar Aurora epic 20 minute song "A Haudiga Fluag" translates to? Well, I think I might've figured it out. I remember reading somewhere that the song is in some sort of dialect or archaic form of German, which explains why you can't translate it on any site. So I just searched for some words similar to "Haudiga" and "Fluag" and found a plausible translation. Haudiga could be a form of Haudegen, which means "warhorse". And if you search "fluag" on this site, you'll find various words for "to fly" that are similar to 'fluag'. So basically I think the song title means "A Warhorse Flies" or "A Flying Warhorse," something to that effect. This sounds likely and black metally enough for me.

Anyway, I'm a Lunar Aurora fanboy whose excited over possibly translating one of his favorite Lunar Aurora songs that has so far been untranslatable.

The dialect is old upper bavarian. And it doesn't mean "Flying Warhorse". It means "Wretched/Desperate Flight".

The song is my favourite Lunar Aurora song and remains one of my favourite black metal songs overall!

I saw Cormorant live on that tour without being familiar with them first. They ranged from very good to kind of boring. They seemed to open and close with their best material which hopefully means that they know what's working best. At their peak they had moments like Enslaved/Opeth/Arcane Sun, but they lost me with the more drab doom parts.

While Heaven Wept was terrible. The frontman was awful and was as big of a tool/poser as you'll see. However, Primordial was terrific. They played a very long set, they were great with the crowd, and it was just a great set. I'm not even really a big Primordial fan, but they killed it.

The dialect is old upper bavarian. And it doesn't mean "Flying Warhorse". It means "Wretched/Desperate Flight".

The song is my favourite Lunar Aurora song and remains one of my favourite black metal songs overall!

My life is complete. Thank you.