Black Metal.

Krig do you know Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm? Everyone has to like that album.

well shit son check out Coldworld's "Melancholie²" and Paysage d'Hiver's "Winterkalte" or the self-titled

Last edited by a moderator:
ColdWorld is melodramatic bullshit. Totally overhyped. Paysage d'Hiver has some real good stuff though.

hey dudes. It's starting to get cold outside, which means it's black metal time.
I've been lazy as shit on buying black metal for the past couple years really.
give me some reccos.

Beyond the super famous bands here's my favorites from the last two year:

Panopticon- Kentucky (post-bm w/ bluegrass)
Laster- Wijsgeer Ende Narreman (melancholic bm)
Ash Borer- Cold of Ages (big, epic bm)
Farsot- Insects (prog-bm w/ jazzy elements)
Turdus Merula- Mentem Recipere, Herberium (epic black metal in the vein of Burzum)
Ankrismah- Dive into the Abyss (raw, cavernous BM)
Lantlos- Agape (post-bm)
Aosoth- III (gritty, filthy, doomy bm)

Panopticon and Lantlos are gayshit. Ignore those.

If you are into gritty black/death metal check out

Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawah
Wrathprayer - The Sun of Moloch
Charon - Sulphur Seraph

Newest from Kawir, Lunar Aurora, Mgla, Aldaaron, Eïs, A Forest of Stars, & Manetheren.

+1

Ash Borer- Cold of Ages (big, epic bm)
Farsot- Insects (prog-bm w/ jazzy elements)
Lantlos- Agape (post-bm)

+1

Panopticon and Lantlos are gayshit. Ignore those.

If you are into gritty black/death metal check out

Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawah
Wrathprayer - The Sun of Moloch
Charon - Sulphur Seraph

Agree about Panopticon, but disagree about Lantlos...Id give Lantlos a chance if you havnt already Krig.

Also, add Mitochondrion - Parasignosis to the gritty death/black metal list, but I think you already know about that beast...

Others from the past 2 years not mentioned thus far worth checking out imo:
Altar of Plagues - Mammal
Fyrnask - Bluostar
Oranssi Pazuzu - Kosmonument

The new Behexen album is a big disappointment. My Soul for His Glory was a melodic masterpiece and really a creative branching-out. This new one is, just, mediocre and a poor attempt to rehash what they did previously, but with most of the edge taken off.

The new Behexen album is a big disappointment. My Soul for His Glory was a melodic masterpiece and really a creative branching-out. This new one is, just, mediocre and a poor attempt to rehash what they did previously, but with most of the edge taken off.

I came to this thread to ask about the new Behexen. I got my answer without asking. Thanks for the input. I wont bother with the album then.

I came to this thread to ask about the new Behexen. I got my answer without asking. Thanks for the input. I wont bother with the album then.

Yeah, unfortunately it's mediocre. Their worst album by far.

Two_Hunters_Cover.jpg

Probably posted, but, Wolves in The Throne Room - Two Hunters.