Black Metal.

Hot damn! :lol:

And I agree with what someone else said. ITNE is a great headphone listening album. Hearing the album live would take away from the overall quality and nostalgia of it.

I love Emperor. I'm all about them rejoining how could anyone say this sucks?

They should also play the next MDF. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im the complete opposite.

What didnt you like about the new Sombres Forets?

The new Gris album has grown a bit more on me, still a little disappointed with it though tbh.

The thing is it sounded like his older albums which was kind of boring. I was expecting a more diverse album.

Black metal to me is dead nowadays too much faggotry and posers that go commercial i mean black metal to me means melancholy and pure fucking misery. And now more and more get Into the mainstream. Ffs black metal is not for normal people its for the outsiders and loners of society like myself. Dsbm is actually the most powerful genre in black metal like silencer or old shining. They know the pure essence of life

Look guys, no one's hating on In The Nightside Eclipse, but the fact is that most bands (Morbid Angel, Metallica, etc.) that go in shittier directions have a tendency to butcher their old songs live.

Look guys, no one's hating on In The Nightside Eclipse, but the fact is that most bands (Morbid Angel, Metallica, etc.) that go in shittier directions have a tendency to butcher their old songs live.

Metallica butcher their songs live because Lars fucking sucks, Kirk is boring, and James' vocals are atrocious.
Morbid Angel play their songs just fine live, but differently than on the studio albums.

I saw Emperor live a few years ago and it was super disappointing. And ITNE was in my top 5 albums for years. Something is weird about hearing disembodied symphonics coming from nowhere in particular while the rest of the band plays instruments. No one should be excited to see them live. Ihsahn can't come close to doing the vocals, and whomever plays bass will probably do a fair amount of them instead. A fair amount of the time, I could not tell which song they were playing.

Black metal to me is dead nowadays too much faggotry and posers that go commercial i mean black metal to me means melancholy and pure fucking misery. And now more and more get Into the mainstream. Ffs black metal is not for normal people its for the outsiders and loners of society like myself. Dsbm is actually the most powerful genre in black metal like silencer or old shining. They know the pure essence of life

:err:

Black metal is by far the busiest subgenre of metal these days. I can see 3 or 4 well known bands in a given month, and there are myriad local replications. Deathspell Omega and Krallice influence has leaked into numerous other subgenres.

:err:

Black metal is by far the busiest subgenre of metal these days. I can see 3 or 4 well known bands in a given month, and there are myriad local replications. Deathspell Omega and Krallice influence has leaked into numerous other subgenres.

This!

It seems to be the one sub-genre that is always redefining or straight up knocking down it's boarders. Seems like there is a black metal band doing something different with the genre at every corner.

I saw Emperor live a few years ago and it was super disappointing. And ITNE was in my top 5 albums for years. Something is weird about hearing disembodied symphonics coming from nowhere in particular while the rest of the band plays instruments. No one should be excited to see them live. Ihsahn can't come close to doing the vocals, and whomever plays bass will probably do a fair amount of them instead. A fair amount of the time, I could not tell which song they were playing.