Black Metal.

Svartrit have some decent songs. I prefer some of the guys other bands though.

Kaos Sacramentum is fairly riffy. Acerbitas too.

Guy made an awful lot of music in what seems like a fairly short span of time and most of it's, at worst, just average.

Man I haven't listened to Obtained Enslavement in a long time… I'll have to throw that on at some point tonight.

I'm currently searching for more atmospheric BM. Came across this band Kladovest and man they ooze atmosphere. Also, i think one of the members of Drudkh is in this band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQUb4QjxE0g

Great band. Atmospheres is a brilliant record.

The new album Winterwards was released not long ago. Slightly more progressive than their previous releases, but great work nevertheless.

Thurios (Drudkh) was present on previous releases, but not this one. Not that it matters - Dmitriy K.'s vocals are awesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDuicva0otI

Here's an unreleased Leviathan song from 2002 or so that includes a memorable Lurker of Chalice section (Minions, sped up). It features similar guitar sweeps to the ones that Deathspell Omega was using years later.

The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide demo is almost entirely different than the proper release. I think one song appears on both. It has more in common with Lurker of Chalice and the Tentacles of Whorror album. The unreleased parts are pretty high quality. Non-fans aren't going to swayed, but anyone who enjoys early Leviathan will be into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streaming the New Darkspace now...I think this is the first time Ive ever given this band a full and proper listen.

First thing that came to mind was a drum machine? Really? But, so far it works. Ill see how I feel about it after Im done with the album.

Yeah I know one my favorite bands uses a drum machine, but they aren't black metal. Not something I see paying off in Black Metal...I mean I can only think of summoning being the only exception...But I really liked that Darkspace album. Gonna check more into them.

Loving the new Darkspace album so far. I really don't know of a band that sounds similar to them except maybe Paysage D'Hiver on their earlier material. Also the production is better but doesn't take away from their sound, which is a plus.