Black Metal.

Anyone here the new Melechesh or Volahn? Oh and is the new Taake worth buying if you're a fan of his? I've heard negativity but I'm curious how a fan feels.

I listened to some of the new Melechesh, it sounded good to me. Maybe a little less intense than previous material, but good.

I love the new Melechesh, one of their best, imo. Inspired me to re-visit their back catalog. Could get into everything except Emissaries and Epigenesis.

New Volahn is good. Taake has one great song and a few great riffs but asides that it's far from the best he's done.

I heard one track from the new Melechesh and it was a major diaappoint, given that thy evidently thought it was a strong one i don't have high hopes.

Emissaries is great. I dunno how you can enjoy them and not like it.

Sooo... Nyktalgia. Rediscovered them after not listening for a long time. Goddamn. Some of the most evocative black metal I know of.

Shame they only released two albums before splitting.

Sooo... Nyktalgia. Rediscovered them after not listening for a long time. Goddamn. Some of the most evocative black metal I know of.

Shame they only released two albums before splitting.

Agreed. I absolutely love their self-titled, especially Lamento Larmonyant. I haven't given their 2nd album as much time as I probably should have.

Agreed. I absolutely love their self-titled, especially Lamento Larmonyant. I haven't given their 2nd album as much time as I probably should have.

I actually adore Peisithanatos. I think its a major step up from the self-titled, both production-wise and in songwriting... and I loved the self-titled.

shame they didn't split before releasing no albums

Nyktalgia:
m88-recovery-vehicle-at-camp-warhorse-terry-moore.jpg

Your opinion:
saddamstatueDM1903_468x361.jpg

:danceboy:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Inconcessus Lux Lucis play a mix of black metal with a traditional heavy metal vibe to it a la Ares Kingdom and Destroyer 666 and others. Not too shabby!

Last edited by a moderator:
this fits somewhere in the black metal pantheon (melodic black metal, whatever - It gets tedious quickly when black metal purists argue about that shit). Anyway, one of my favorite albums in the genre. Unrelenting, violent, but still very catchy and the drumming/drum machine which I would normally complain about actually works quite well.

A lot of people give Limbonic Art shit but they're hella good and that album is unrelenting for a symphonic release. I definitely listen to their earlier material way more than anything recent, but it's all worth a listen.

this fits somewhere in the black metal pantheon (melodic black metal, whatever - It gets tedious quickly when black metal purists argue about that shit). Anyway, one of my favorite albums in the genre. Unrelenting, violent, but still very catchy and the drumming/drum machine which I would normally complain about actually works quite well.

My favorite Black Metal album of all time is the first Limbonic Art release: