Black Metal.

I listened to Fen's 'Carrion Skies' again and am really fucking impressed. The first two songs serve as a warm-up, but starting from track 3 on it's the best work they've done since 'The Malediction Fields'. I am therefore super pleased with the record. Here's the track that gets the album rolling:

It definitely has some of the best riffs they've done. The clean vocals have come a long way to.

One of the guitarist's other bands released their first album last year. More standard BM but it has some decent riffing.

I wish Skaldic Curse were still together.

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely has some of the best riffs they've done. The clean vocals have come a long way to.

One of the guitarist's other bands released their first album last year. More standard BM but it has some decent riffing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnj43kTZdPc

I wish Skaldic Curse were still together.

Yeah that's solid straight up black metal right there. Didn't know about the project. I don't think I've listened to Skaldic Curse yet.

P.H.O.B.O.S. maybe? Their split with Blut Aus Nord is interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-odTIyhjwjw&feature=player_detailpage#t=2017

This is pretty interesting.

So far from what I've checked out I really enjoy Imperial Triumphant, Caina, and Mastery.
Mastery is pretty fucking awesome. The vocals remind me of Blacklodge's Login:SataN.

Leviathan's new album is great.

I kinda like what I've heard so far from Jute Gyte, any recommendations on good albums to start with?

An Autumn For Crippled Children and A Forest of Stars are too "flowery" to me.

I kinda like what I've heard so far from Jute Gyte, any recommendations on good albums to start with?

Can't help you there. Guy has like twenty or thirty albums. I've really only listened to Vast Chains and Senesence, which I liked more or less but still need a few more spins to break into, I think.

Can't help you there. Guy has like twenty or thirty albums. I've really only listened to Vast Chains and Senesence, which I liked more or less but still need a few more spins to break into, I think.

I find it crazy hes released so many albums so quick and theres overwhelmingly positive reviews on MA for them. That rarely happens.

Couple new gems I discovered yesterday:

Der Weg Einer Freiheit. So good, aggressive, melodic, and I had no idea about their existence. Heartily recommended if you also ignorantly didn't know em:

Also found out about Blood Cult. Weird shit. Sounds like 80s metal, black metal, with some bluegrass thrown in every once in a while. Check it:

Is anyone else really looking forward to the "A Forest of Stars" album that is due out in March? It is my most anticipated album of the year so far.

One of my favourite albums of the year so far. The new music video is cool too (although not quite as good as the last one they did).

Couple new gems I discovered yesterday

I really enjoyed the first DWEF album but the second didn't do much for me. Seems they're releasing a third album this month, and they've added a fourth member (a second guitarist) so it could be good.

^nice!

So I was also unaware of The Eye. 'Supremacy' is such an amazing record, right up there with anything else Vindsval has done imo. It drips with atmosphere.

He's meant to be working on a follow up to Supremacy but I've not heard much for a few years now. If it ends up being as good a follow up as MVII was to MVI then it should be pretty special.

New Macabre Omen is great.

Supremacy is one of the best BM albums ever imo, completely under the damn radar. If you haven't heard his other project (well, apart from BAN) Children of Maani, do so. AMAZING shit.

^ yeah it's criminally underrated. I can't believe it took me this long to find out about it. I've heard of Children of Maani but haven't heard any of the music. I'll rectify that very shortly.

And tagradh, that Macabre Omen track is very, very cool.

Couple new gems I discovered yesterday:

Der Weg Einer Freiheit. So good, aggressive, melodic, and I had no idea about their existence. Heartily recommended if you also ignorantly didn't know em:

Did you know there is two versions of that album? They rerecorded it with real drums instead of a drum machine.

Latest new track:

Shame the drums don't sound great on the newer version. I think the guitars sound a bit better on the older one too.

Did you know there is two versions of that album? They rerecorded it with real drums instead of a drum machine.

Latest new track:

Yeah the drums are extremely comparable on both versions, but I didn't know they had that additional version out. Thanks for the link to the new track, pretty good stuff.

I checked out Children of Maani, though good does not compare to the excellence of The Eye.