Black Metal.

I was listening to Wulkanaz on my way to school today and I have to confirm I really think this is one of the best black metal bands currently active. It's distinct enough to be interesting in the endless sea of bands and it keeps its style. It's both atmospheric and butt-kicking. I recommend it to everyone.

Anyone else listen to the new Drudkh track? The production is fucking beastly. The track itself too, is pretty solid.

Curious to see what happens with the album. 7 tracks is monstrous for the band, but stoked. And a little surprised that last song, being the tempo it was the whole way, was their last song on the album.

Link?

Anyone else listen to the new Drudkh track? The production is fucking beastly. The track itself too, is pretty solid.

Curious to see what happens with the album. 7 tracks is monstrous for the band, but stoked. And a little surprised that last song, being the tempo it was the whole way, was their last song on the album.

Boring. It's been a downhill slide since Estrangement. Like Hate Forest, it's time now for Saenko and Thurios to end this project and evolve into a new one. Drudkh's legend is being tarnished with every new release.

Boring. It's been a downhill slide since Estrangement. Like Hate Forest, it's time now for Saenko and Thurios to end this project and evolve into a new one. Drudkh's legend is being tarnished with every new release.

If all the songs are up to the same standard as that one I bet a load of people will talk about it like it's the same quality as Autumn Aurora or Blood in Our Well.

Hohoho.

If all the songs are up to the same standard as that one I bet a load of people will talk about it like it's the same quality as Autumn Aurora or Blood in Our Well.

Hohoho.

Sure, quite likely they will. And in the back of my head, I'm hoping this is a return to form, but I strongly doubt that. The peak has well and truly passed.

That's not to say that if you took away everything pre-2007, that what's left over would be bad - they're great records in their own right. But those first four records are masterpieces. There is pretty much unanimous agreement around the world on that.

I forget Drudkh even exists until I browse this forum. Some of their early albums are decent but they were never anything special. That song is yawn-inducing. The new Burzum track doesn't even sound like it was made by Varg.

Anybody listening to the new Imperial Triumphant album? I just played the first 2-3 tracks last night and it sounded pretty cool. It's getting a lot of breathless reviews.

Obviously DsO is a major influence, but maybe not just "DsO worship"? At least, anymore?

Track i just listened to sounded almost as much gorguts worship as it did dso worship.

Worship is a silly word anyway. Only gets used in a derogatory way when the first few bands sound similar to something. 10 years later it becomes a compliment.

Dunno qhat the rest of the album is like but hat song felt like continuous DsO doing the aggressive bendy/slidey gorguts. what ive always liked about the newer DsO was the contrast between that and the more melodic bits, which this didnt really have.