Black Metal.

Ehhhh. I'd disagree. Certain albums, particularly anything with a heavy amount of dissonance take a few listens to understand and grow on you.

I've never experienced this and I know I'm not alone.

If anything, most albums that have 'grown on me' have tended to be more simple, or simply from genres that I didn't enjoy that much at the time I first heard them.

All this talk of understanding makes the appreciation of sounds out to be something far deeper and more complex than it really is.

Listen to Fas & then listen to any Manowar album and tell me if one is more difficult. If you cant admit it after that it's only because your head is shoved so far up your ass you cant possibly stand to be wrong on the internet.

It's difficult in so much as it would be harder to play it (drums and guitars anyway). That's it.

I find it hard to listen to Bieber. Because it sounds shit to me.

The ones with their heads up their asses are those clinging to the idea that what they enjoy requires a degree of knowledge or sophistication.

It's difficult in so much as it would be harder to play it (drums and guitars anyway). That's it.

I find it hard to listen to Bieber. Because it sounds shit to me.

The ones with their heads up their asses are those clinging to the idea that what they enjoy requires a degree of knowledge or sophistication.

Before even continuing this, have you heard the album in question yet?

Speaking of which, I've listened to Ultima Thulee 4 times this weekend. I'm finally starting to dig it. Standouts are definitely "Till' I Perceive Bifrost" & "The Last Journey Of Ringhorn"

9775.jpg

Before even continuing this, have you heard the album in question yet?

'Yet'?

They've both been out for years. And as my credentials are evidently of importance, I've listened to DSO since whenever The Work Which Transforms God came out, which is starting to feel like a long time ago.

(and before you get all dicky, yes, different band)

Just bought tickets to see Enslaved next month. Can't wait.

I wish that tour was coming through the UK. Seen Enslaved loads of times but not since RIITIIR was released. Hopefully the song they put out the other week isn't representative of everything on the new album.

Speaking of which, I've listened to Ultima Thulee 4 times this weekend. I'm finally starting to dig it. Standouts are definitely "Till' I Perceive Bifrost" & "The Last Journey Of Ringhorn"

9775.jpg

That album cover always makes me think of The Moomins. I love the guitar sound on those first two albums. The Mystical Beast of Rebellion is enjoyable but I wish they/he had done one more like them.

I think the questionable choral vocals make that following riff seem even better by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck, Moon (Aus) is fucking incredible.

Cant believe I didnt know about this shit earlier.

Just heard them for the first time a few weeks ago myself. They've got that ultra creepy/atmospheric thing down to a t. Very impressive.

Speaking of hearing bands for the first time, someone told me to check out Cosmic Church. Reminds me a lot of a slightly more melodic Satanic Warmaster (Finland ist kvlt ;) ). Anyone else dig?

Anyone else listen to the new Drudkh track? The production is fucking beastly. The track itself too, is pretty solid.

Curious to see what happens with the album. 7 tracks is monstrous for the band, but stoked. And a little surprised that last song, being the tempo it was the whole way, was their last song on the album.

I thought it was okay, better than I was expecting. The production is nice. Sounds like they/he listened to a lot of Wintefylleth since doing that pointless split.