Black Metal.

Can anyone recommend me some "uplifting" black metal? I often find myself in the mood for some BM, but not in the mood for something incredibly dark (granted that's a bit of a contradiction). Something along the lines of Sacramentum's "Far away from the Sun" is a good example. Very peaceful, beautiful bit of BM. It's far from slow, but it's just... soothing I guess.

Another example would be Drudkh at times.

Lots of Italian BM sounds quite uplifting to me.

Kaos Sacramentum remind me of Sacramentum quite often. Mgla sound really jolly a lot of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend me some "uplifting" black metal? I often find myself in the mood for some BM, but not in the mood for something incredibly dark (granted that's a bit of a contradiction). Something along the lines of Sacramentum's "Far away from the Sun" is a good example. Very peaceful, beautiful bit of BM. It's far from slow, but it's just... soothing I guess.

Another example would be Drudkh at times.

Great album.

Reminded me to do my monthly check of the MA pages of Horna, Behexen, Satanic Warmaster, Sargeist, etc. and fuckyeah new Horna.

Been listening to these two (related, I think) Dutch (or Frisian, whatever) bands a lot the past week.

Some good riffs on this new Horna. Could do without the synth intro but the track 'Puhdas' gets pretty great in the middle.

They're fine. But like the others i mentioned i really don't see whats great about them and the way the dominate so much talk of BM on here just... 8-(