Black Metal.

sloughfegkillers said:
Listen I'm fucking sick of seeing this cunt in mags or whatever my good old nan who collects all my mail gave me a subscription to this zero to.era Ce for my birthday which I don't read and there's this interview with the bloke from cobalt. Philip if you're reading this remember you owe me $ from an order I placed(Danny Summers,Tasmania). Listen cunt I don't give a fuck who you think you are, Atleast do the right thing and refund I've tried before. My father is a Viet vet,not only that but if I did what you did in my circle a bullet would be through my forehead in no time. You don't rip a cunt off where I come from. Fix it.

Lol more Hooded in Oil drama and our very own sfk seems like he's mad at the world, not just us.

Reactions: suckerleaf
Great black metal from Bulgaria, recently purchased this tape and was quite impressed.

Filthy shit. I quite enjoyed it.

Anyone here a fan of Veles' Black Hateful Metal?

It's another one of those cult black metal releases I've never truly understood. I appreciate it more with every listen, but I'm not sure it'll ever be among my favourites. It's extremely raw and hateful and also quite bizarre.

Reactions: CiG
272005.jpg

It's another one of those cult black metal releases I've never truly understood. I appreciate it more with every listen, but I'm not sure it'll ever be among my favourites. It's extremely raw and hateful and also quite bizarre.

it's cool aesthetically but for songwriting i recall the first two being better.

Thanks, I'll look into them.

I've been working my way through the albums I hadn't heard on that big black metal list you posted recently in the recommend music thread or whatever it was called.

Really liked:

Stutthof - Towards Thy Astral Path
Fanisk - Noontide

Liked on first listen:

Temnozor - Sorcery of Fragments - I was not expecting these fucking flutes everywhere, this could grow on me.

Didn't like:

Wolfnacht - Heidentum - The production on this was rather offputting on first listen, everything seemed really loud. I'll give it another shot in the future.

Yes, I love that album. You describe it quite well. There's a distinct contrast between the black metal passages, which are raw and visceral, and the folk/ambient passages, which are distant and majestic. There's an archaic spirit that unifies the record.

Thanks, I'll look into them.

I've been working my way through the albums I hadn't heard on that big black metal list you posted recently in the recommend music thread or whatever it was called.

Really liked:

Stutthof - Towards Thy Astral Path
Fanisk - Noontide

Liked on first listen:

Temnozor - Sorcery of Fragments - I was not expecting these fucking flutes everywhere, this could grow on me.

Didn't like:

Wolfnacht - Heidentum - The production on this was rather offputting on first listen, everything seemed really loud. I'll give it another shot in the future.

nice, i'm glad someone is following up on that list! HEIDENTUM is an all time favourite of mine, but yeah the production takes some getting used to, especially the vocals. it's just one of those things i accept as part of its otherworldly charm at this point, like e.g. eucharist's drum production. tracks 4 and 6 are the most obviously good IMO if you wanna try focusing on those.

Horizons... Has always been one of my favorites. Definitely have to agree with that.

Any Krynitza fans? Similar to Temnozor tbh. Their album "Angel" is also one of my favorites from that style.

cool, never heard of them. yeah, i like HORIZONS... a lot too, it's just much better known and i think the list in question was for someone requesting less known stuff.

Cobalt is going to tour North America this fall. Here's the posting from their facebook:

Cobalt will be hitting the road in September supporting the Slow Forever album. Our friends Mantar from Germany will be supporting us on the tour. This will be the first extensive US tour for Cobalt, so we are looking forward to making some noise for you all.

Tour dates are:
09/01 – Seattle, WA @ Highline
09/02 – Portland, OR @ Ash Street Saloon
09/03 – Oakland, CA @ Golden Bull
09/04 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Viper Room
09/05 – Tempe, AZ @ Yuca Tap Room
09/07 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk
09/09 – Raleigh, NC @ Hopscoth Fest**
09/10 – Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
09/11 – Nashville, TN @ The East Room
09/13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose
09/14 – Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter