Black Metal.

Carpathan Wolves is super awsome!

Yeah I guess The Celtic Winter doesn't fit, I included it because Crimsonfloyd did. ;)

Following the Voice of Blood takes it's place as #5 then!

Reactions: Phylactery

Anyone know if I stole that shit at 5:05 from something? I don't think I did. I listened to a load of Type O the other day but I don't think it was from there.

You mean besides the intent and purpose of the actual artist?

First of all, I don't know if we can assume intent, since it could have been economic factors that resulted in the record being released as a demo rather than an official release. Second of all, I honestly don't care if he considers it a demo or a "real album." I consider it a real Graveland record and when I listen to it, I hear it as such and relate it to his actual albums.

THOUSAND SWORDS is my favourite too. i find it amazing that something so original should feel so organic and fully-formed. lots of their/his other '90s stuff is really good though, THE CELTIC WINTER is probably my second fav but i need to revisit IMMORTAL PRIDE myself. i'd agree that DAWN OF IRON BLADES is the best thing post-M&D at least.

FtVoB is his magnum opus. Memory and Destiny as well as Fire Chariot of Destruction are his best post 2000 albums.

His last two Lord Wind releases are also essential

Reactions: CiG
I was reading some Mgła lyrics from Exercises in Futility yesterday and they're pretty legit. I really don't know what the hell is being said in black metal and assume for the most part it's not literary greatness, but now I'm gonna start paying more attention.

Reactions: EspaDa
Helleborus is coming out with their debut album this month. I loved the tracks I heard so I pre-ordered the album. Just over 11 bucks with shipping included. They're black/death out of Colorado. They have a sort of ritualistic sound. Check em out:

Reactions: Draehl