Black Metal.

Discogs has some copies at a reasonable price, but I dunno, it's weird that some people are selling it at £30+ while others have it at around £10. Shipping prices on that website are quite high, though. Avoid any from the Спюрк label, as they are unofficial, unless you don't care about that.

Maybe someone more familiar with the webiste can help identify if they're legit or not. I remember @Krow saying something about discogs letting you know if it's a fake copy in some thread about fake CDs, maybe he can help.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
basically all Russian presses are bootlegs, unless thats the only source of the material.

I own a few Russian cds that contain this line:

"For sales in territory of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Baltic States only"

I dont know about Russian law but they couldnt give a shit about copyright laws surely.

Sellers on discogs are supposed to specify what release of the album theyre listing. Russians typically dont try to hide that its a Russian press (like south americans tend to) so there will be a specific release page for that release that says it was released in Russia.

That line will just randomly be on the release somewhere btw, I've seen Baltic OBI strips, and it on the back of the booklet or inlay. Again, if the cd wasnt originally released in Russia, its probably an unoffical release. My Carnivore cds have goddamn Russian text on the inlay...

Thanks man. I've heard tons about Discogs but never used that site. There's a legit seeming copy there at a fair price. Cheers

I've used it a few times and never had any issues. The only problem is the shipping costs. If it's the same copy I was talking about (seller from France), it seems to be cheaper because it's from Death Records where as the others all seem to be the original pressing so have a higher price. You can always check the barcode and matrix on Metal-Archives to see that they match.

Say Phylactery, did you ever get around to those Judas Iscariot and Blood Stained Dusk albums? If so, I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Say Phylactery, did you ever get around to those Judas Iscariot and Blood Stained Dusk albums? If so, I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

I think I gave one track a listen from Blood Stained Dusk because I think you compared them to Emperor, and I like In the Nightside Eclipse more than a lot of people here seem to. They're both on my list of things to listen to and so I'll let you know my thoughts when I give them a proper listen.

Yeah, the album I recommended to you from Blood Stained Dusk, Dirge of Death's Silence, is essentially quality Emperor worship. In The Nightside Eclipse is a good album, just not as good as, say, Wrath of The Tyrant or something like that. No pressure, I was just wondering.

I find Wrath of the Tyrant to be pretty much unlistenable. The production is absolutely awful, and not in a good way and the vocals drown out everything with their horrible echo. It's not raw, it's just shit to these ears. I know a lot of people like though, I've just never been able to get into it. I'll stick with the Emperor EP and In the Nightside Eclipse.

Wrath of The Tyrant is a rough listen, I'll grant you that much, but what is decipherable? Sweet gentle Jesus it's unbelievable musical creativity.