Black Metal.

I could go see them on the Pittsburgh show but I'm just not sure it's even be worth it. Very mixed feelings about their new material.

Listened to it once and only gave it half my attention but I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting to having heard the preview track.

Just wrapping it up now. It's good on first listen but in no way all that impressive. It's a very predictable formula. I'd say the first and last tracks are the best fer shure.

My copy of Thousand Swords just arrived. Pretty stoked. Also got Huldrafolk by Wyrd, hoping for good things.

There are a lot of better Graveland records than Thousand Swords. I'm not saying its bad, but Following the Voice of Blood, Carpathian Wolves, The Celtic Winter and Immortal Pride are all better. It really weirds me out how so many people act like that's his classic record.

Reactions: CiG
If anyone of you haven't you should check out Maniac Butcher, they're Czech black metal royalty, and kick inconceivable amounts of ass.

I don't know what I adore more, the Wisconsin dairy farm levels of cheesiness of the video, or the untrammeled, thundering badassery of the music.

Reactions: CiG
No fucking way.

Edit:

Granted it's an amazing album.

Counting only full lengths, I think it goes like this.

Immortal Pride
Following The Voice Of Blood
Thousand Swords
Creed Of Iron
Carpathian Wolves
Thunderbolts Of The Gods
Will Stronger Than Death
Ogień Przebudzenia
Memory And Destiny
Dawn Of Iron Blades
Fire Chariot Of Destruction
Memory Of Destiny
The Fire Of Awakening
Spears Of Heaven

Last edited:
Reactions: Slayed Necros
I do need to re-listen to a lot of Graveland albums, but I've held that opinion for over a decade and I don't ever see it changing. I've always felt like Dawn of Iron Blades is really underrated and probably Darken's best album post-2000. This song rules.

Great:
Following the Voice of Blood
Immortal Pride
Carpathian Wolves
The Celtic Winter

Very Good:
Memory and Destiny
Creed of Iron
Thousand Swords

Good:
Fire Chariot of Destruction
Will Stronger Than Death
Thunderbolts of the Gods
Spears of Heaven

Mediocre:
Dawn of Iron Blades
Fire of Awakwning

Immotal Pride bitches!

"And who remembers heroes that died, spilling their blood to protect native faith and land?"

And Dawn of Iron Blades is definitely better than Mediocre! Not the best, but it would place between Good and Very Good on my list.

Can't be bothered to rank them all, but top 5 is probably something like (without giving it much thought):

1. Immortal Pride
2. Carpathian Wolves
3. Creed of Iron
4. Thousand Swords
5. The Celtic Winter